My final post to the Galaxy Note 4 forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
My 1st thoughts when I heard no micro sd card was awww man. After all these years of having my music on my sd card. My pictures any videos. I couldn't believe it. I was skeptical that the next note would be better then the note 4. But after such a long delay for 5.1.1 on the note 4 and all the hiccups it wants to see what the Note 5 would provide. I'm really glad I went ahead and purchased the Note 5. Its thinner and light compared to any a note before. With phones getting bigger the note 5 doesnt feel big at all considering it has the same screen size as the note 4 its unbelievable how light this phone is. Now on to Touchwiz. I've never been a big fan but this version is stripped down no uninstalling apps that you dont need. That there is actually close to no bloatware is incredible. I'm on Sprint and the Note 5 LTE speeds are fast. I understand new product more revolutionized speeds and specs. But I didn't expect this. I downloaded 2.4 GB of Eminems discography in under 5 minutes thats never been that fast. If your on the fence here about whether this Note is worth the upgrade from a note 4 believe me it is. Let me not even say anything about the the camera. Its absolutely a marvel how pictures are so clean and crisp. I can't say much about the battery yet but so far its as good as my Note 4 . I got it at 10 am. Charged it to 100% by 1120 and is still at 34%percent with heavy use. Setting up my apps my folders was a blurr. If you can manage to scoop the note 5 believe me its worth ever penny long live the note 4 it was a pleasure having such an innovative phone

kway_NY

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
CONGRATS, hopefully I'll be following you to the other side, oh or the new side, or the 5 side. ENJOY, see u there soon.

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm not touching the note 5.. No sd card slot, no removal battery that's done it for me. If they get the note 6 with memory card and removable battery I will maybe think about it.
Now let me think... Ah yes, a phone no removable battery.... No sd card slot? Ah yes. The dreaded iphone!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Adapt...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4623463

Thats a 64GB card they retailed at $200.00 when ot 1st came out. LG just released the LG 4 and its a fail. Sales are so bad that they have to come out with another flagship that will fill probably undersell here in the U.S.

Look iphone followed Samsung into the world of phablets and bigger screens. Only now samsung has understood that consumers need a phone without a micro sd card. How much media can you carry that you need 128gb which was released recently. Samsung has made the note 5 a joy no lag no bloated software and now with an internal device with memory it has improved speeds faster then ever. Put it this way my wife has a note 4 she inherited from me and she had agalaxy S5 before that and she absolutely loves the note 4. The note 4 was great but samsung touchwiz had alot of lag and hiccups. Its time that you move on. Believe me an sd card isnt that great and its outdated technology

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Well fellas, I am glad you are enjoying the N5... However... Come back to us 8 months when your battery life has been tested over time....... Let us know....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well fellas, I am glad you are enjoying the N5... However... Come back to us 8 months when your battery life has been tested over time....... Let us know....

There isn't that much difference in battery size.. Why 8 months? Already it has been shown to be just as good as the N4 battery time or better.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Are you saying that the battery will only last 8 months? It's funny how people are downing the sealed battery with all these assumptions. I guess all those people with phones with sealed batteries better be scared. Like all the iPhone people, iPad owners, Nexus 6 owners, 99% of tablet owners, HTC owners, Moto owners.... You see where I'm going with this?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that the battery will only last 8 months? It's funny how people are downing the sealed battery with all these assumptions. I guess all those people with phones with sealed batteries better be scared. Like all the iPhone people, iPad owners, Nexus 6 owners, 99% of tablet owners, HTC owners, Moto owners.... You see where I'm going with this?

We traded in an iPhone 4 at T-Mobile two weeks ago when we switched over. It was bought when released. The battery is just as great as when new. It was released in June 2010 according to the search I just did.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The battery is just as great as when new. It was released in June 2010
This, I would be highly skeptical of. Maybe it "seemed" great, but the reality is quite different. All batteries deteriorate over time.

However, I agree that in 8 months, the battery in the Note 5 should still be performing quite well.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This, I would be highly skeptical of. Maybe it "seemed" great, but the reality is quite different. All batteries deteriorate over time.

However, I agree that in 8 months, the battery in the Note 5 should still be performing quite well.

Actually it worked just as well as the day it was bought.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Actually it worked just as well as the day it was bought.
Not trying to discount that your experience was great with your phone. Just skeptical that a 5 year old battery with all the cycles you put on it would work just as well as the day you bought it. That would be a most amazing battery.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Not trying to discount that your experience was great with your phone. Just skeptical that a 5 year old battery with all the cycles you put on it would work just as well as the day you bought it. That would be a most amazing battery.

Exactly. That seems EXTREMELY far fetched. My S3 thats 2.5 years old can't keep a charge for over 10 hours in standby mode. And that is the original battery.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Heck my LG Optimus that was from like 2010, sill had to be used by my niece all the time and we traded that on as one of our phones, made it all day on a charge. The most recent time my niece had to use it easy about 3 months ago when she cracked her iPhone screen. I've never had to replace a battery in a phone.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
The battery is just as great as when new. It was released in June 2010 according to the search I just did.

Your phone must've been one of the exceptions.. My husband, daughter & I purchased the iPhone 5 when it first came out, traded them in exactly 2 yrs later & all 3 of them had significant battery deterioration compared to when they were fresh out of the box. Had we kept them for longer, unless we were ok with being glued to a power outlet or lug around a battery pack, those 3 batteries would've needed replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Beautiful Beast of a Note 4

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

I also have a G2 with a sealed battery. Have had it almost 2 years with no problems. My wife and son have iPhones, my son is a power user. No battery issues. These type of arguments about sealed batteries are stupid.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So, given that the Note5 has a sealed battery, what do you do when the phone is non-responsive and will not power down by the power button and you need phone usage right away? Drive to the VZW store and complain or wait all day for the battery to totally die down?
Is there an internal reset button on the Note5 that no one has mentioned?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So, given that the Note5 has a sealed battery, what do you do when the phone is non-responsive and will not power down by the power button and you need phone usage right away? Drive to the VZW store and complain or wait all day for the battery to totally die down?
Is there an internal reset button on the Note5 that no one has mentioned?

Power button and Volume down is the reset procedure just like on the iPhone it is power button and home button. What else you got?

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Power & Volume Down pulls up the normal restarting menu on my Note4. What do you do when the buttons are non-responsive?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Your phone must've been one of the exceptions.. My husband, daughter & I purchased the iPhone 5 when it first came out, traded them in exactly 2 yrs later & all 3 of them had significant battery deterioration compared to when they were fresh out of the box. Had we kept them for longer, unless we were ok with being glued to a power outlet or lug around a battery pack, those 3 batteries would've needed replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Beautiful Beast of a Note 4

Oh my sister has had every iPhone, never had a battery problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2