Battery life dropped from 24% to 0% instantly?!

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I am on 5.0.1. Both of my batteries are showing as aroung 8-15% when they shut down and show 0%. I guess getting a new battery won't solve anything...

Get a new battery. I'm on 5.0.1 and my new battery has worked perfectly.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Don't forget that batteries degrade over time. Also the battery percentage is a rough estimate as the battery approaches that one year time frame. Seems like we are all in the same boat. Just need a new battery.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Parasol

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
have you checked if there's and background apps running at the time? try to close all running apps and see if things get better?

amer369

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I spoke to Samsung support. Batteries are covered by a 12 month warranty. This is a fault with the batteries, they've promised to test it and change it.. This is definitely not app related as a new battery does not repeat the same issues (I've tried it). If your still within 12 months I guess you should pay your local Samsung support store a visit.

Posted via the Android Central App

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
honestly, I DO think this is an issue with lolipop since I don't think any of us had the problem prior to updating to llp

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem for a few months, got a new OEM battery and charger combo on Amazon. Under $30.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kyle Greig

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
There are several other threads on this same subject.

I have been looking through these threads.. its a battery problem, not lollipop. I am still running 4.4.4 kitkat on my galaxy note 4. Never had a problem until yesterday, it dropped from 51% to 15% and declined at a normal rate giving me all the warnings and stuff.

Viper X

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I was sitting on my couch using my phone when it was at 24% battery, then all of a sudden it just powered off! I tried turning it back on to see that the battery was dead. This has never happened before and I've had my N4 since last October. I never let my battery get below 15% before charging it. Could I need a new battery? If I hadn't been home when this happened, I would've freaked. Has this happened to anyone else? I attached a pic, you can see what time it dropped.

Posted via my beautiful beast, the Galaxy Note 4.

I know this post is more than a yeah old but I have a nexus 6p by hewei and it started doing this a few months ago. Just today shut off at +50% but after about 20 came back on. It's probably going to "die" again.

Has anyone figured this out yet? I'm sure as hell not paying for their **** up. Their old gaming console has me fed up with Microsoft.

Think I'll just go live a forest somewhere. The more technology advances, the more infuriated I generally become.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I know this post is more than a yeah old but I have a nexus 6p by hewei and it started doing this a few months ago. Just today shut off at +50% but after about 20 came back on. It's probably going to "die" again.

Has anyone figured this out yet? I'm sure as hell not paying for their **** up. Their old gaming console has me fed up with Microsoft.

Think I'll just go live a forest somewhere. The more technology advances, the more infuriated I generally become.
Sounds like the battery has gone bad, which is odd as the 6P isn't even 2yrsld.

Rathod Ajmalji

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
I was sitting on my couch using my phone when it was at 24% battery, then all of a sudden it just powered off! I tried turning it back on to see that the battery was dead. This has never happened before and I've had my N4 since last October. I never let my battery get below 15% before charging it. Could I need a new battery? If I hadn't been home when this happened, I would've freaked. Has this happened to anyone else? I attached a pic, you can see what time it dropped.

Posted via my beautiful beast, the Galaxy Note 4.

Last edited:

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like the battery has gone bad, which is odd as the 6P isn't even 2yrsld.

It's not odd at all, Li-Ion batteries don't last very long even if not used at all. Two years is about normal to the point where it runs at a greatly reduced capacity.

Yeah, I've seen Li-ion batteries last as long as 4-5 years and they work but a greatly reduced runtime. IME, the optimum lifespan is during the first 8 months or so and then it slowly declines. Even if you stick in the drawer and don't use it at all. Optimally, a Li-Ion should be stored 50% charged or so.

Case in point, I got a NIB GN4, including battery and out of the box it was not good. Lasts 2.5 hours on a charge and then shuts down at 40 - 55%. It's clearly a bad batch of batteries, or maybe all the OEM ones are bad. I am throwing out this crap and installing an aftermarket ZeroLemon at times the capacity.

Kevin Hermsen

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site
I guess i have a strong battery then? i have the phone for almost 3 years now maybe even longer, havent changed the battery yet and use a fast charger and still never had any sudden shut-offs. What i do have is that when my battery power is at 15% and i quickly check snapchat it decreases by 1-2 and then shut-off but that my be because of snapchat because normally that will not happen to it

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey