Does Note 4 sometimes change it's sound profiles on its own?

mistermojorizin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
My mom claims her verizon note 4 will sometimes turn off all sounds (no keyboard click sounds, no media sounds). Now, she is a beginner, so obviously I asked her to check the volumes for different things, like the media volume, notification volume, etc. She says it's all turned up, even when the phone goes into this weird "silent mode." (it doesn't say "silent mode" or anything, i'm just calling it that because there are no sounds).

Since I don't have Lollipop and since my version of android is stock, I am not sure what may be going on. Is there something in touchwiz or lollipop that would cause this behavior? Or, any kind of automatic volume changes?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

It shouldn't change the sounds on it's own. Any sounds or alerts coming from apps or services that are different than the system sounds would not be the same. So if those are the sounds she is hearing, then it's because each app is set differently.

If you want to have consistency, then go into those apps and assign the same ringtone.

mistermojorizin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

It shouldn't change the sounds on it's own. Any sounds or alerts coming from apps or services that are different than the system sounds would not be the same. So if those are the sounds she is hearing, then it's because each app is set differently.

If you want to have consistency, then go into those apps and assign the same ringtone.

it's the system sounds (like keyboard sounds, system notifications) and the app sounds, which made me think it's some sort of system setting. but good to know there's no "smart" sound profiles or something like that that would change the sound settings on it's own to be helpful in the note 4's OS.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
You can set it to automatically turn notifications off during a specified time span each day, like at night when you want to sleep. you might check that.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Under settings go to sound and notification. Scroll down and under notification select do not disturb and see if it is turned on.
0a81c743e8bff8187d06a031ee470f7b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax