Why does my Note 4 keep freezing/lagging/locking up?

AxiosENT

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
note 4 keeps freezing/lagging/locking up

Note 4 SM-N910P
Sprint Network
Android 5.1.1

I've had my note since launch date and it has been flawless no problems whatsoever. Ever since this last update to 5.1.1 it started to freeze up and lag out when im ranomly using and not really heavy duty stuff just normal day stuff. Sometimes my lockscreen(fingerprint) will be disabled and ill be forced to enter my backup password and even at that itll freeze up there too and it seems thats when it happens the most. Also when im viewing some videos the note will lock itself as well. I have done a full reset and cache wipe as well and problem still occurs. all apps are safe i dont really download junk since i have my payment options on my phone so im not risky with apps or sites.

So i took it into a sprint repair store they did their thing and just stated well nothing seems wrong with the hardware so itll just be something software related. new phone arrives and everything seems ok till the second day and it starts up again. at first i kinda ignored and just blew it off but it continued to its usual pattern. i went back in to the repair store and this time they said they cant do anything really since its android's problem and they would need to issue a patch to fix it since they have had people come in with similar problems.

now im left with the phone that ranomly messes up but goes back to normal. i mean its an inconvenience not having a device not working properly. i asked if i could get another phone or something and since im locked into my device plan i couldnt and basically wait it out.

would appriecate any help or advice you might have...

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: note 4 keeps freezing/lagging/locking up

Clear all apps and the master reset and cache wipe again... Install one app at a time then test after each install... And sprint is Bsing call there loyalty department... Every carrier must test every system upgrade

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Don't do that clear the cache & wipe stuff. Just turn off smart stay in settings: Display and Wallpaper.

Did this over a week ago, use the fingerprint scanner, and have had NO issues.

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site

Don't do that clear the cache & wipe stuff. Just turn off smart stay in settings: Display and Wallpaper.

Did this over a week ago, use the fingerprint scanner, and have had NO issues.

This doesn't work, and there are plenty of users in other Note 4 threads that have said the same thing - Smart Stay has no effect.

wricu01

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

Disable the finger print scanner that worked for me I was have the same issues a get rhe update

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

The smart stay is not the issue (my was always OFf), it is the FP scanner, and it is a Sprint only issue, so the fix may be a while.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
None oft the above worked for me. I have cleared Cache, Reformatted phone, changed SD card and still having the issue? Need about two more months before I can get a new one.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Decided to go back to my old trusty note 3 while I wait on the note 7 to come out.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

Its good to clear cache. This is a mini computer. Need to clean it up

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member