If I don't have wifi can I mirror my Note 4 to my tv?

A

AC Question

mirror note 4 to tv

no wifi can i mirror my note 4 to my bravia tv

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: mirror note 4 to tv

Welcome to Android Central! In order to mirror directly and wirelessly from a Samsung phone, you typically need a Samsung TV.

anon(8413510)

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! In order to mirror directly and wirelessly from a Samsung phone, you typically need a Samsung TV.

Wrong.
I have an LG TV and my girlfriend has a Sony bravissimo and a Philips and my Note 3 and note 4 has no problem mirroring to any of them.

But i am sure you need wifi

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, good to know. I always thought this was the case in the past, so either I was dead wrong, or manufacturers have improved the compatibility. You're saying, though, that to mirror, you need to have a home wi-fi network that the TV is also connected to? It won't connect directly?

cliro

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

You don't need a wifi connection! your phone and TV create their own wireless link to pair up.

Coffee_Kaioken

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

You don't need a wifi connection! your phone and TV create their own wireless link to pair up.

If the phone and TV can pull off "wi-fi direct", then yes, this is possible. With my Note 4 and Samsung TV I was able to use this to stream videos before my wifi was setup in my apartment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyle24