Locked out of my Galaxy Note 4...HELP!! How can I get back in?

A

AC Question

Locked out of my Galaxy Note 4.....HELP!!

I use the fingerprint scanner to unlock my Galaxy Note 4, for some reason it is not giving me that screen to login, it is asking for my backup password but it always says invalid password. I have tried Android Device manager to reset password, that didn't work. I contacted Samsung, they told me to contact Sprint my carrier. Sprint says the only thing you can do is a factory reset and it will wipe everything off your phone. There has to be another answer somebody please help!! I can't lose all my data!!

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Locked out of my Galaxy Note 4.....HELP!!

Nope...that's it...and if you've updated and forgotten your fdr password...you're ****ed...

Posted via the Android Central App

KDS2016

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site

I had the exact same situation happen to me on yesterday morning. EXACT! I can not lose my data and I KNOW my password it is written down. There is something going on and no one wants to take responsibility for it. I downloaded the HP eprint service on my phone and the next morning my phone locked me out.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Not to be crass, but why do people use that ish as an option?? Oil, dirt or a failed sensor can lock you out of your device. A PIN can not.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Please!
If you can't give a solution-don't be the problem. just saying

Fair enough and understandable. From what I have read, take it DIRECTLY to your carrier, provide proper ID and they can assist you. Wish you the best.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

Not to be crass, but why do people use that ish as an option?? Oil, dirt or a failed sensor can lock you out of your device.

I like the fingerprint option, it's fast and reliable for me... it hasn't failed yet. But if it does, then all I have to do is enter my password. My password is the same as the one for my computer that I boot every single day, for over 10 years, so there's no way to forget it. That's the problem with people, they use a password that's new or one they're not used to... then they forget it.

A PIN can not.
People can forget their pin too!

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

I like the fingerprint option, it's fast and reliable for me... it hasn't failed yet. But if it does, then all I have to do is enter my password. My password is the same as the one for my computer that I boot every single day, for over 10 years, so there's no way to forget it. That's the problem with people, they use a password that's new or one they're not used to... then they forget it.

People can forget their pin too!

Not a PIN that I use for work every day and at the ATM.

KDS2016

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks-took it to Sprint supposedly the only solution- HARD reset. I showed them where I had my password written down. There is definitely a glitch with the finger swipe-so no more finger swipe for me. I am taking your advise and only used a pin number as a backup and I used the draw pattern to unlock

KDS2016

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site

What do you mean by this? Do you mean your fingerprint scanner didn't work, AND, your backup password didn't work either?

Yes, my fingerprint scanner didn't work and disappeared and the only option to access my cell phone was to enter my backup password. I had my backup password written down and it was correctly entered and after entering I would receive an error message stating my password was incorrect (on each attempt) and would lock me out for a few seconds.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

Yes, my fingerprint scanner didn't work and disappeared and the only option to access my cell phone was to enter my backup password. I had my backup password written down and it was correctly entered and after entering I would receive an error message stating my password was incorrect (on each attempt) and would lock me out for a few seconds.
Thanks! I've been using the fingerprint scanner since day one (Feb) and have not had a problem. If there is truly a "glitch", then I guess I'll find out one day.

KDS2016

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site

Like you- I used a password I have had for the past 15+ years and I use it for most things including my computer for reasons like this...I am to busy to memorize things. I own a company and like most people I am extremely busy. I have an excellent memory, well organized, meticulous (but busy) so just in case I decide to be human for a day...lol I have it written down as a back up etc.....hence why I know there is a glitch for which no one has acknowledged as of yet-take note when they do....remember KDS2016 lol

KDS2016

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site

Thanks! I've been using the fingerprint scanner since day one (Feb) and have not had a problem. If there is truly a "glitch", then I guess I'll find out one day.

I have NEVER had this problem and used the fingerprint scanner since day one (LOVED it), but I guess a first time for everything.

KDS2016

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Fair enough and understandable. From what I have read, take it DIRECTLY to your carrier, provide proper ID and they can assist you. Wish you the best.

Thanks-took it to Sprint supposedly the only solution- HARD reset. I showed them where I had my password written down. There is definitely a glitch with the finger swipe-so no more finger swipe for me. I am taking your advise and only used a pin number as a backup and I used the draw pattern to unlock

KDS2016

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site

This was a guest first and only post. How do we know this isn't a stolen phone?

I am not sure....can't answer that question. Unfortunately, the world we live in have caused those of us who are truly honest people to be questioned. This was my first time in the forum-I stumbled upon it via Google because I was in dire stress and I signed up for an account. Personally, I don't have a lot of time on my hand I make an honest living that is why I took my phone into my carrier (Sprint) and for now it is a moot point for me. My phone was wiped and reset.

Good night.

KDS2016

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site

This was a guest first and only post. How do we know this isn't a stolen phone?

Interestingly enough I had a nice message for you, but the moderator needs to approve it before its visible. Fair question-but My phone was not stolen...I am an Android lover and found this forum via Google when I had a problem-that's it. I do not have time nor am I a thief...never have been. I am very fortunate to have a very comfortable life.

franzo

May 9, 2016
Visit site

You are locked out by Google more than likely. If you login to your Google account, request an App Password and it will return a one-time 16 digit app password. Using the same Google account on your phone login but use the 16 digit password. Wahlah. You're in. I just did this. I dropped phone in water. Let it dry out and it worked. But when I attempted to go back in phone via finger print it kept rejecting. I knew my backup password and it rejected that as well. I tried the Use Google Account and it also rejected. I was going to do a hard reset and all kinds of other craziness. I went into Google via my email login that I use on my Note 4 and started researching. Under security they have an App Password feature. I requested an App Password and entered the 16 digit password into my phone with that email and it worked. I was in. All my security features were still working including fingerprint scanner. I changed my backup password but that wasn't even necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci