Note 4 Return 'vibration' and 'buzzing sound'

aygo1989

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Evening guys,

I'm rather OCD as it is, but I feel my brand new replacement Note 4 isn't as responsive as my previous. I've noticed that there's a real lack of vibration on the right hand side with the return button than there is with the multi task button on the left. It's a small issue but it's REALLY starting to bug me along with the buzzing sound that I've been getting whenever I press either of the keys which then cuts out after 3-5 seconds and can only be heard if placed next to my ear...

I feel really stupid for asking but surely I can't have a 3rd faulty phone. This one has perfect screen uniformity along with NO gaps! Could someone please check with there handset to see if this is normal? If I can help you with anything with yours please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
There shouldn't be any difference in vibration dependent on which button you press. There is only "1" vibration device in your phone, so no matter which button you press, the same device will vibrate.

The vibration "intensity" setting in Sound settings, will set the amount the device vibrates. Again, there aren't individual devices for each button, so one intensity setting works for all vibrations.

Sorry, but I don't hear anything you're hearing on my Note 4. It could be because I have Haptic feedback turned off.

Do you really need your phone to vibrate to tell you you just did something? If you go to Settings > Sound > Haptic feedback and turn it off, you won't have to worry about it. Also in Sound settings, turn down Vibration intensity. Doing both of these will kill "all" vibrations, and not just Haptic, so decide well.

Or... you could get a 4th replacement.

I gotta agree with you though... you're definitely OCD if you have to go so far as to put the phone up to your ear to hear something like this!

That's all I got!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy