Google now launcher over touchwiz?

The_colombian

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, been wanting to replace my touchwiz launcher but never find one that I really like. Tried the popular one's with nova being probably the better one but it still has some bugs and freezes at times.
I like the Google now launcher too but the icons are so big. Is there a way to fix this? What do you all use? I always end up going back to touchwiz since it's reliable.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello all, been wanting to replace my touchwiz launcher but never find one that I really like. Tried the popular one's with nova being probably the better one but it still has some bugs and freezes at times.
I like the Google now launcher too but the icons are so big. Is there a way to fix this? What do you all use? I always end up going back to touchwiz since it's reliable.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to change the icon size in Google now launcher without root. I've been using Nova for almost a year without issues and love the customization options that come with it.

Last edited:

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes there is but you need root and xposed. The module is called XGELS (Xposed Google Experience Launcher Settings) and it's available on the play store.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the larger icons, Google Now works for me, better than Nova or Action on my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I use Nova Launcher. Let's you change the icon size and it makes them all match up perfectly so there aren't one or two that are a little bigger or smaller than the rest

The_colombian

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
True, Nova is good. I specially like that you can still use the stock widgets without root. It just isn't so smooth at times on my phone.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
True, Nova is good. I specially like that you can still use the stock widgets without root. It just isn't so smooth at times on my phone.

That's weird. I'm on a Note 4 too and it's been smooth for me. Probably wouldn't be much slower than anything else, if it's an issue with your phone

Raybo7

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I use Nova on mine and I have no issues at all. I did turn off the famous Lollipop animations which makes screen scrolling more snappy.

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Nova is fine for me too. I like the continuous scroll, more space by losing the Google search bar, and still have Google Now on a long press so don't see a down side.

sharon harvey

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I love my Next Launcher but I use the classic mode only. Don't care for the 3D... not my taste. Has many customizations including icon size adjustment. I especially enjoy the dock options. I've had no issues with it. It is expensive however.