Lollipop issues!

Sanjay Ramoutar

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi folks, I'm in a little bit of a dilemma here and need some advice. I reside outside of the USA and use an international unlocked version of the Note 4. The thing is my mobile worked flawlessly on Kit Kat, and now that I've updated to Lollipop 5.0.1, my phone lags the majority of the time, especially with the recent apps and gallery after taking a pic. Another feature that I miss also is the ability to mute from the locked screen. I'm considering selling my phone and purchasing another new one on Kit Kat again; that's how much I despise Lollipop. I've heard that 5.1.1 is supposed to be better, and then I've heard others complain that the finger print scanner doesn't work now.
My question is, is it really necessary to take all the updates as they are rolled out? I mean, do the apps work more efficiently with the latest os? Or can I get away with just keeping my handset on Kit Kat? This will determine whether I invest in another or not. Thanks in advance for your input folks.

Posted via the Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Just use odin to roll back...way cheaper.

This depends on what version of LP is installed. Any version above BOF1 cannot revert back to Kitkat.

To the OP... Can you go to Settings > About Phone, and post what you Baseband version is.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm one of those afraid to brick my phone, LoL!
Reverting an OS always involves risks.

N910HXXU1BOE2

This is an international model. I don't know if you'll be able to revert. You can read THIS article to see if it'll help. Be aware that if you attempt this, you must absolutely use the correct firmware for your phone.

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
May be wrong but it's relatively hard to brick the note 4. That said you'd want to do your homework first. I stayed on kitkat for a long time until I found a reliable custom rom on lollipop. I was willing to wait until Android M if need be. Try posting on the xda forums and hopefully you find a way to roll back or find better performance on lollipop. I think Odin is even mentioned on Samsung website so it's not really the same risk as rooting and installing custom rom. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Sanjay Ramoutar

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the input guys. Will decide what to do soon. Even contemplated moving to the Note 5, but just can't justify it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae