Too late to buy a Note 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 IS a good phone, I owned it, but before 5.x.x it lagged like a dog. ( everyone says that was fixed in the 5 update)
so I got rid of mine after a couple of weeks. I wasn't waiting a year for the lag to get fixed.
I am just saying. The Note is 5 IS awesome too.

I own(ed) both. Note 5 is way faster. at everything, in RL usage.

driftwork

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for the excellent replies.

I ended up buying the Note 4 yesterday and I'm already glad I did.

No buyers remorse whatsoever.

Really nice build quality.

One on the reasons I wanted a Note series phone was so it could help me study Chinese.

Most folks who study Chinese characters use a program called PLECO (not shilling) that uses timed-recognition software to help you develop flashcards. A phone like the Note 4 is really perfect for this because of its size. It also has the S-Pen which will be great for practising stroke-order when writing characters.

Pleco has been optimized for the Note 4 and it's S-Pen which is one of the reasons I wanted it.

A very small niche, but having a phone like the Note 4 is a good choice for learning Chinese.

Thanks again for all of your help.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for the excellent replies.

I ended up buying the Note 4 yesterday and I'm already glad I did.

No buyers remorse whatsoever.

Really nice build quality.

One on the reasons I wanted a Note series phone was so it could help me study Chinese.

Most folks who study Chinese characters use a program called PLECO (not shilling) that uses timed-recognition software to help you develop flashcards. A phone like the Note 4 is really perfect for this because of its size. It also has the S-Pen which will be great for practising stroke-order when writing characters.

Pleco has been optimized for the Note 4 and it's S-Pen which is one of the reasons I wanted it.

A very small niche, but having a phone like the Note 4 is a good choice for learning Chinese.

Thanks again for all of your help.
Well, considering your thread got torn apart, I'm glad you're happy with your phone! The Note 4 is a really good phone. It should last a good long while. Which OS version did it come with?

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 IS a good phone, I owned it, but before 5.x.x it lagged like a dog. ( everyone says that was fixed in the 5 update)
so I got rid of mine after a couple of weeks. I wasn't waiting a year for the lag to get fixed.
I am just saying. The Note is 5 IS awesome too.

I own(ed) both. Note 5 is way faster. at everything, in RL usage.
Having used a S6 Edge+ next to my 5.1.1 Note 4, the speed difference isn't much, so I couldn't be bothered.

On the other hand, the Note5 is missing hardware that was key in the Note line.

I am glad you are enjoying yours, but I know I would be far from happy with it.

Cheers!

Sent from my GALAXY Note 4 via Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Some posts have been cleaned. Please remember to follow "P.U.P.P.A.H". If a post is out of line please report it to the mod team.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.