Why does my tap to speak on Google keep getting stuck?

A

AC Question

tap to speak on google keeps getting stuck

I have a samsung galaxy Note 4 with verizon service

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: tap to speak on google keeps getting stuck

I think you're going to have to be a little more descriptive about your problem. What is stuck?

simo90

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Here's what happens,
1. You click on the icon to send a Text Message (actually, it can be any app)
2. Click the microphone icon.
3. The google Speech-to-Text menu pops up and fills half the screen. In the middle is a round circle and above it, it says, "Tap-to-Speak".
4. You tap the circle and say the text message you want to send. Google converts that to text and the google menu goes away and you are left with the text ready to send.
5. Sometimes the Google Tap-to-Speak menu goes away, sometimes it doesn't and it remains on the screen until you reboot. I called verizon about this and we made sure the phone and apps software was all up to date. Then we did a soft reset. The final step, which I have not done yet, is to do a Factory reset.
6. As far as I can tell, this started about a week ago and as far as I can remember, I did not install any new apps or make any changes to the phone. Any thoughts as to why this started?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I think someone on another forum mentioned that Google had updated some app. Can't remember because I can't find the thread. In any case, they uninstalled the update and it fixed the issue. You might check if Google text to speech was updated recently. I don't use Google so I can't be of much help here.

EDIT>>> LOL... the THREAD is right here in the Note 4 forum. I think its the same issue.

nutinurs

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a galaxy s4 and I went to application manager and then to google app. It wont let you uninstall it but you can uninstall the updates and then it asks you if you want the factory version and I chose yes. Then my screen problem was fixed. Hope this helps.

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Here's what happens,
1. You click on the icon to send a Text Message (actually, it can be any app)
2. Click the microphone icon.
3. The google Speech-to-Text menu pops up and fills half the screen. In the middle is a round circle and above it, it says, "Tap-to-Speak".
4. You tap the circle and say the text message you want to send. Google converts that to text and the google menu goes away and you are left with the text ready to send.
5. Sometimes the Google Tap-to-Speak menu goes away, sometimes it doesn't and it remains on the screen until you reboot. I called verizon about this and we made sure the phone and apps software was all up to date. Then we did a soft reset. The final step, which I have not done yet, is to do a Factory reset.
6. As far as I can tell, this started about a week ago and as far as I can remember, I did not install any new apps or make any changes to the phone. Any thoughts as to why this started?
I am having this same problem with a T mobile Note 4 running 5.1

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Brad C1

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue started 8 days ago. Did we get a software update this is the only thing I can think of I never had this issue in the past

tonydplumber

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a galaxy s4 and I went to application manager and then to google app. It wont let you uninstall it but you can uninstall the updates and then it asks you if you want the factory version and I chose yes. Then my screen problem was fixed. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much totally fix the problem for now until we get some sort of update to the Google app. Thank you

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: tap to speak on google keeps getting stuck

It happened to me today for the first time.... I just rebooted the phone and it hasn't come back since....

Posted via the Android Central App

ddrieg

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Same problem her on a Galaxy 4. Text to speech box pops up and won't go away. It usually is triggered by some texting activity or texting notifications. Restart will clear it until it happens again which could be immediately.

Also, at times, my numbers, like for an unlock code screen will change to blocks rather than digits. Again, a restart temporarily clear it.

GBPL

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing, same thing happened, but I rebooted my phone and the mic is back. But you probably already figured that out.
I hope by uninstalling the update, it quits freezing up on me! So frustrating! I have a galaxy note 3

EDROX8465

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I have found that the problem occurs when I use the 'tap to speak; function, but do not exit the application. If the screen goes into sleep mode, the box freezes. But if I exit out of the box the problem does not occur.

I just rolled back the update, and that seems to have fixed it.

GBPL

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
[
I did what you said and took my Google back to factory and now the text to speech is gone completely.

I did the same thing, same thing happened, but I rebooted my phone and the mic is back. But you probably already figured that out.
I hope by uninstalling the update, it quits freezing up on me! So frustrating! I have a galaxy note 3

cmoore970

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to let you know. I have a Galaxy Note 5 and after a Marshmallow update, there was a HUGE delay when trying to speak a text. I followed the directions to uninstall the Google update in this thread and it worked! THANK YOU! I'm awful at typing texts.

cmoore970

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Just a quick update. Every time an update runs, I need to go into google app and uninstall the update to make speaking texts work. I have just tried turning off permissions to SMS. Not sure if that will work, but next update I'll find out.

This can't just be happening to a few! I would think this is a wide spread issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007