What does "Install Upgrade From ADB" on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V, OS 5.0.1, mean?

Scorpio2177

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
What does "Install Upgrade From ADB" on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V, OS 5.0.1, mean?

I apologize, but I'm kinda in a hurry & I apologize for that, but I just forced stopped all my apps, cleared out the cached data(under "Running Apps-Show Cached Data"), now I'm about to "Wipe the Cache Partition".
In that menu, there is an option to "Install Upgrade From ADB"...What does "Install Upgrade From ADB" on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V, OS 5.0.1, mean, please?
I've been having SOOOOOOOO MANY issues with my devices(just my phones, I've gone through 5 LG G3s, & just in the last month, 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4s😤...😫...😠...Thank you, G😡😡gle...😠😠😡😡😤😤😠😠😡😡...😭😥😰)
There are some other categories to get an update from on the same screen, but also unsure what they all mean.
ANYONE'S HELP, ASAP(I have to leave to get my daughter from school), would be EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY, APPRECIATED.

Thank you
&
God bless,
Scorpio2177

Attachments

• 32009.jpg
    32009.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 44

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: What does "Install Upgrade From ADB" on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V, OS 5.0.1, mean?

ADB is "Android Debug Bridge" Basically a debug interface. Think about it... There has to be some way to interface with it, via a external machine, to try to resolve issues, etc. ADB is tool that is included in the Android Developers Kit that allows you to connect to the phone from a comptuter and access the phone's systems.... including loading system software.

I would leave it be.. wipe the cache and reboot.

Scorpio2177

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: What does "Install Upgrade From ADB" on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V, OS 5.0.1, mean?

THANK YOU!!!:-*:-*
YOU ROCK!!!:d:-*:):-*:d

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463