NOTE 4 (N910C) bootloader lock or unlock?

justvalencia

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
First of all i tried searching... and searching for the answer but did not found anything. I tried getting to download mode to see if the status is there but no result.

So as the title says how do i know if my note 4 is bootloader lock or unlock? I really want to root it but i hesitate as it stated in chainfires website that my device could get bricked if it is bootloader locked. Please do give me a simple process as possible cause i am just a beginner in this stuff. Thank you.

just an additional info. My phone is not carrier lock which means i can use any mobile network.

Thank you in advance.

ajp8806

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a 910c as well and the bootloader is unlocked. I have rooted, flashed a custom recovery and installed roms with zero issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

justvalencia

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a 910c as well and the bootloader is unlocked. I have rooted, flashed a custom recovery and installed roms with zero issues.

How did you know that yours was unlocked before rooting? and is bootloader locked depends on models? like 910c are unlocked and a certain mode is locked?

ajp8806

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I asked over at XDA forums. I believe most international 4's are unlocked, as well as the t mobile version.

justvalencia

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I asked over at XDA forums. I believe most international 4's are unlocked, as well as the t mobile version.

What did they said? i never got a reply on my post in XDA. and according to google 910C is international right? so its bootloader unlocked?

EDIT: is your device rooted? if yes, what did you use? i'm planning to use chain fire's procedure.

ajp8806

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the C is an international variant. I used chainfire as well, through Odin. This was 8 months ago so there may be different files now.

justvalencia

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes, the C is an international variant. I used chainfire as well, through Odin. This was 8 months ago so there may be different files now.

ok cool. thank you for the reply. I have decided to root my device tommorow. wish me luck :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12