Center zone of the touchscreen is dead to finger. SOLVED WHEN OTHER FINGER IS IN SCREEN EDGE. WTF !

Metallicalabrano

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a new Galaxy Note 4 instantly updated to Lollipop 5.0.1 and the very center zone of the screen is literally dead to finger touch, the right edge of the screen is dead too I have some register: (I did reboot, soft reset and hard reset already, didnt work)

4VodLlt.jpg

2015-10-06 21.20.42.jpg

Now comes the weirdest thing ever (or maybe its common, I am not expert), but when I place a finger in the edge of the phone (not even the screen edge, just over the metallic edge, like just grabing the phone with one hand), the center zone of the touchscreen works fine and the problem is solved, but the right edge is still with problems, and it is not solved with this strange "finger in the edge" workaround, look :

2015-10-06 21.29.27.jpg

(If I place other finger in the screen instead of the metallic edge, it solves the problem too)

This is a new phone, is this a issue easily solved and common ?? or I should just change the phone using the warranty ???? Help please, this is a new phone should I ask for another new one without this issues ?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Yup...go get another phone. Obvious hardware issue. Not even worth trying to troubleshoot, in my opinion.

Metallicalabrano

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I cant believe it ! i was heading to the phone company to use the warranty and on some other forum they told me to:

Dial *#2663# and select TSP FW update (general).

THAT FIX THIS PROBLEM FOR ME !!!! I was 99,99999% sure this was a hardware issue ! was wrong !!!

Can someone explain why this solved the issue and if this can happen again ???

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37