Are the galaxy note 4s known to warp easily?

p5200

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
My Daughter gave me her note 4 yesterday for my birthday which is on Verizon as is my galaxy s5. I think, she carried it in her back pocket and maybe, caused it to bow a little. The reason I say this is I bought an OTTERBOX DEFENDER CASE, and the clear plastic screen cover is not against the screen mostly, in the center area. When I push down on the clear plastic it has quite a bit of give before it touches the phone screen. Is it possible the phone has a little bow in it from being in her back pocket? and are there any tip & tricks to straighten it back out again? There is a local phone shop in fact, the place I bought the case from that installs new glass and does other phone repair work I could check with if there are no diy fixes. Everything works and I can use it like that but, it just kind of bugs me when I don't tap hard enough once in a while. My s5 model has the same type case and the plastic clear cover rests right against the phones glass screen. Any help would sure be appreciated! Thanks. :)

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I assume the Note 4 can bend if enough pressure is applied. If you put the phone screen down on a flat surface, does it rock? It should sit flat with screen down. Does it visually look like it's bent?

My Otterbox screen protector never sat directly on the screen. It wasn't far off, but never really touched it. Sometimes if the plastic did touch the screen, it would give that "oil slick" look (rainbow colors). I eventually just removed the Otterbox plastic and put a glass screen protector on my phone and went with it that way. Worked well... but now I just use the Samsung Protective Cover.

p5200

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I took the Otterbox defender case and clear plastic cover off, and when I lay the phone face down on a flat surface and the phone lays pretty flat, so I guess the problem is the fit of the case. Is there a protective glass you know of that will fit over the factory screen and still work with the Otterbox case if, I cut the clear plastic cover out of the Otterbox kit? Thanks! :)

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I took the Otterbox defender case and clear plastic cover off, and when I lay the phone face down on a flat surface and the phone lays pretty flat, so I guess the problem is the fit of the case. Is there a protective glass you know of that will fit over the factory screen and still work with the Otterbox case if, I cut the clear plastic cover out of the Otterbox kit? Thanks! :)

Yes there are several, I don't recall what is on mine but that is what I did. It was called something glass. Sprint had it and so does best buy. You can't even tell it's on the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

p5200

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes there are several, I don't recall what is on mine but that is what I did. It was called something glass. Sprint had it and so does best buy. You can't even tell it's on the phone. Good deal, I'll check into that! Thank you

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It's the case. I have always used Otterbox cases. So disappointed with the fit of the Defender on my Note 4. That space between the plastic screen cover and the screen is so bad. Only use it when going to a beach type setting. I use the Otterbox Symmetry for my daily case.

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
It's the case. I have always used Otterbox cases. So disappointed with the fit of the Defender on my Note 4. That space between the plastic screen cover and the screen is so bad. Only use it when going to a beach type setting. I use the Otterbox Symmetry for my daily case.

Take the screen cover off, then get a glass screen protector.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The plastic screen is held on with adhesive, you can just peel it out and save it if you want. I'm glad the phone isn't bent though! THIS is the screen protector I use. No halo, but know this... due to the curved edges of the Note 4 screen, no glass screen protector will cover the entire screen. When used inside the Otterbox, there will be a small gap along the side edges where the S Pen tip can catch. No big deal, but something to be aware of. You cannot avoid this with any glass screen protector since none are edge to edge.

Is it hard to revert back to kit-kat 4.4.4?
It's not hard, but it depends on your carrier, model number, and current OS (build number) installed. Verizon, AT&T, and I believe Sprint, have incremented the bootloader, so any of these phones are locked to Lollipop... I'm unsure about T-Mobile (and even Sprint for that matter). What's the build number of your phone? Who's your carrier?