Verizon 5.1.1 update near?

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
It's all very frustrating. Be careful what you wish for. I find my phone to be pretty stable now. My battery life isn't what I'd expect but I am pretty sure it is due almost completely to Words With Friends but I love the game.

My point is that any update usually brings with it more bugs and things to track down and figure out than it fixes.

The memory leak in 5.0.1 is really starting to annoy me. But that's really it. I can afford to wait. No performance issues

Posted from the one and only Note 4

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
It will be Christmas before we see the update. That's why I'm going Nexus 6P, I'm sick of waiting for updates!

Posted via the Android Central App

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
It will be Christmas before we see the update. That's why I'm going Nexus 6P, I'm sick of waiting for updates!

I've been real interested in the nexus phones. So what's the deal? They can't be purchased through Verizon right? Have to purchase through Google?

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been real interested in the nexus phones. So what's the deal? They can't be purchased through Verizon right? Have to purchase through Google?

Yeah you have to buy it from Google. I will take faster updates and no carrier bloat wear over subsidized phone prices and the endless waiting game of updates. You can buy a Moto X Pure edition (2015) that is pretty close to pure Android and not as expensive straight from Motorola also.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you have to buy it from Google. I will take faster updates and no carrier bloat wear over subsidized phone prices and the endless waiting game of updates. You can buy a Moto X Pure edition (2015) that is pretty close to pure Android and not as expensive straight from Motorola also.

Ok thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol