Note 4 LTE problem need help / advice

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Tmobile Note 4 running on cricket/att antenna for some reason my LTE keep dropping to 4g and won't come back.
All t mobile phone of my family very stable on LTE.
Samsung mega 2
Samsung s5
Nexus 6
IPhone 6+.

I reset the note 4 2x

Samsung service center in Plano tx can't find any wrong.

My last option trade in bestbuy for $200 gift card and another note 4 att version.

Posted via the Android Central App

shotboogie

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Mines was doing the same thing last week my bars were down to 1 and everything I kept on taking our the battery and reset it and all of a sudden back to normal good luck

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
EDIT to add: According to several comments on the AT&T forums, they don't use band 7, but they do partner a lot with Rogers for roaming and Rogers does use 7. So it's very likely the rest of this post is useless... Still, the bands are different between models and it's possible AT&T has added a band that the T-Mo handset simply cannot handle.

The AT&T and T-Mobile models support different LTE bands. It is *possible* that AT&T/Cricket is serving up LTE in your area on a band that the T-Mobile model does not support.

The AT&T model is the 910A and the T-Mobile model is the 910T. This handy chart will tell you what bands each model supports:

Note 4 Models with LTE Bands and Chipsets | Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

Overall, the T-Mobile model covers everything the AT&T model does, except Band 7. If you are in an area that AT&T happens to be using Band 7, the T-Mobile model will not be able to use LTE. If you are getting the signal intermittently, your local tower may be Band 7 but you are able to occasionally pick up a more distant tower that uses a different band.

Note that this may not be the actual problem, just one possibility.

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Let say this is the problem. I tried T-Mobile samsung s5 and mega 2 same area and they have all LTE signal all the time. S5 and mega 2 Samsung is 2 to 3 yrs old, my note 4 is only 8 months. S5 and mega 2 Samsung have more band than my note 4?. All this phone came from T-Mobile with there unlocked code so I can bring it to cricket/att.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Let say this is the problem. I tried T-Mobile samsung s5 and mega 2 same area and they have all LTE signal all the time. S5 and mega 2 Samsung is 2 to 3 yrs old, my note 4 is only 8 months. S5 and mega 2 Samsung have more band than my note 4?. All this phone came from T-Mobile with there unlocked code so I can bring it to cricket/att.

Actually, according to T-Mobile's site, the T-Mo Note 4 does support Band 7. So my information may be completely false. Again, it was only a theory.

The best bet is to call AT&T/Cricket and ask specifically what LTE band(s) are being used at your location, then compare that with the bands that the T-Mobile phone supports. If they are only using bands your phone supports, then you can move on to a factory reset or something else to try and see if it resolves the problem.

Here is the T-Mobile spec site on what bands the T-Mo Note 4 supports (near the bottom of the page, under "International").

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Phablet Superphone | Galaxy Note 4 | T-Mobile

Matthew Klingbeil

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Your APN settings...I am on Cricket with my tmo 4 and I get better service your APN/configuration is what directs you to the correct band... the note 4 is capable of connecting and learning ANY network... you just have to have the correct PLUG-INS... I also have an S5, S4, S3
... and can connect between ALL big 3 and so forth. Good old VZW wasn't happy nor tmo and they kept remotely un installing the APK's used for the configuration setup. I called and had Cricket install them on mine and then took back control of the phn. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Tmobile Note 4 running on cricket/att antenna for some reason my LTE keep dropping to 4g and won't come back.
All t mobile phone of my family very stable on LTE.
Samsung mega 2
Samsung s5
Nexus 6
IPhone 6+.

I reset the note 4 2x

Samsung service center in Plano tx can't find any wrong.

My last option trade in bestbuy for $200 gift card and another note 4 att version.

LTE is not what it seems. When a call comes into your phone or you make a phone call the data drops to 4G this is because LTE by itself doesn't support LTE voice it only supports LTE data. It's only once the carriers start rolling out LTE Advanced will you start to see LTE data and voice. Right now Bell Canada who has the largest LTE network in Canada is rolling out LTE Advanced, it will take Rogers and Telus some time to roll it out themselves as they use smaller towers than Bell and have more to upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech