Charger port

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it's just the port that's failing and you KNOW how to disassemble/unweld JUST THE PORT, then yeah, in theory. But usually the USB charging port is welded into the charging circuit and data port board and MHL stuff. As such, each USB Port board is different for each model and cannot be interchanged.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend heavily against trying. The USB port is part of a very tightly-built daughterboard in the phone. Even if you are very good at microsoldering, I very much doubt the solder points are the same between the two phones.

There are multiple versions of this daughterboard for different models of the Note 4. For under $20, you can pick up a replacement daughterboard that has the USB port built in, saving you a good bit of very complex microsoldering, and the replacement isn't THAT bad.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+Note+4+Micro-USB+Port+Daughterboard+Replacement/35006

Charging Port Flex for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V - Witrigs.com (note - this part is for the Verizon model ONLY).

Personally, I'd sell the Note 2 and use the money to pick up a spare battery and external charger, and just swap charged batteries, or buy a wireless charging back and a charging mat. That's the beauty of having a back that opens up and a battery that can be replaced - you are not utterly dependent on that port to charge your phone.

EDIT to add: Here is the page where you can find several USB daughterboards for various Note 4 models: Replacement parts for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – Witrigs.com