Why can't I add an event to my Calendar from my phone?

clhoffman3s

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and just yesterday my phone stopped saving calendar events to my phone. This is NOT a syncing problem. When I create the event it says event created and it does not appear on my phone or the computer. I am still able to add events on my computer and it shows up on both. This just started happening a few days ago....hoping it goes away as my whole life is on that calendar!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you adding the events to your Google account calendar, or the local Phone account calendar?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The calendar app can display calendars from different accounts: (1) your Phone account, which is only locally saved, and doesn't sync anywhere, (2) your Google account, which syncs immediately with your Google Calendar in the cloud, and (3) possibly other calendar accounts, like exchange accounts or Outlook.

If you look at the Calendar app's settings, there should be an option to choose which calendar accounts to display. If you select an event to view, it should tell you which account it's associated with (typically one of the first few fields at the top). If you create a new event, there should be a field for you to decide which account to enter the event into.

clhoffman3s

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I only have the one account....Sorry I am technologically silly. It is definitely showing my google calendar because when I add the events on the computer, it syncs them to the phone. I just can't get my phone to add an event period. It doesn't even show up on the phone calendar.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have "all calendars" selected and the phone calender works fine. Google calender on any other device doesn't pick up any new events but at least I have the phone :)