Battery Issue

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Today my phone shut off at 17% and kept restarting itself. Once I got home and plugged to charger battery was showing 5%. Now I have it charged to 55% and seems like its stuck at 55% even with me using it. anyone have this issue before

Jeff Jones9

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Today my phone shut off at 17% and kept restarting itself. Once I got home and plugged to charger battery was showing 5%. Now I have it charged to 55% and seems like its stuck at 55% even with me using it. anyone have this issue before

Haven't had this issue before. I would personally factory restore it, ( backup your things of course ) If it is under warranty take it to the store and see if they can replace the battery or the whole phone. Also one thing to try is power the phone off, then put it on the charger. You should see the battery icon once you plug it in. See if it makes a difference. lol before that check the battery see if it seems hot or swollen.. If so take it out!!

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a faulty battery.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Fastest and cheapest attempt at a fix is a replacement battery. That sounds like a classic case of one of the cells failing if it can't maintain consistent voltage cycles. This is not good for your phone, so get a replacement ASAP.

If you go into your carrier store, they may be able to warranty replace one right there. If not, you can mail order one for under $20.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
How coincidental...My battery just started discharging really quickly the last two days and shutting down at 15-20% ... Hmm. Guess I'll buy a new battery

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed my battery life getting worse lately and tonight it just done the same as others here described. Got down to 11% then instantly dropped to 4% and then went into repetitive restarts for about 5-6 cycles then dead. Has anyone confirmed that a new battery fixed their issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I am seeing similar issues on 2 of the phones on my accounts. The worst shuts down at 40% often it seems. Anyone had luck with Verizon warrantying them? How about samsung?

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Just an update, I called Verizon told them of the problems I was having and said I thought it was a battery issue. They are replacing my battery free of charge and overnighting a new one.

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been having this same issue, but never saw it before upgrading to 5.1.1..I think it has something to do with that update. None of us probably had the problem before?

I regularly have very good battery life and that continues, but there IS one problem since 5.1.1.. on a sprint Note 4.

Once I get down to about 12-15% I get an alert, battery is low, etc.. If I start to do something with the phone, open a browser or download an app, boom it just shuts down completely.

I can reboot the phone, but it shuts down again. When I plug in the power, it says it is at 0% battery so either the battery meter is totally wrong or the battery is damaged?

thoughts?
I've reset the cache several times now, to no sucess

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine shut off at 16% the other day. Maybe I need a battery cuz my battery life has sucked. I assumed it was just ****ty lollipop

joklun

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Lately my battery has also started to drop from around 15% to zero. Today it dropped from 21% to 4%, see image. Can it uploadfromtaptalk1446753258267.jpgbe because of fast charging? Does a new battery solve the problem?

IslandGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that a new battery solved this issue? A few days ago I experienced the same issue and it occurred again last night so I am looking for a solution.

dabombcra

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Lately my battery has also started to drop from around 15% to zero. Today it dropped from 21% to 4%, see image. Can it View attachment 204683be because of fast charging? Does a new battery solve the problem?
I'm having the same issue. I'm glad I have the Note 4 so I can change the battery. It sounds like a battery issue. Time to get a new battery. That is what I'm going to do.

IslandGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Ordered what I thought was an OEM battery on Amazon also but the reviews cast doubts as to their authenticity so I decided to return it for a refund. Went to T-Mobile to check if my battery was still under warranty, as it's less than a year since I purchased the phone. They ordered a replacement for me which will arrive in a few days. Hope this solves my problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781