Note 4 Suddenly gets very hot, reboots a lot, and freezes, Why?

jabaray

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I've had my Sprint Note 4 for a year now (15 days past 1 year), and have had no issues whatsoever. Have loved it. All of a sudden it reboots all the time, gets very hot, and freezes up a lot. I have tried pretty much everything I have read: cache partition, remove apps, removed SD card, factory reset, replaced battery- but am still having issues.

No new apps were installed when it started, and the phone has never been dropped or misused in anyway. About the only thing unusual that might have caused this was using Clean Master more often than I had in the past (my GPS signal was constantly "getting lost" in Google Maps, so I thought that might help).

Any thoughts on what might be causing it? Should I replace the motherboard (how much $$ is something like that)? Would a local repair shop be able to fix this, or should I only go to Samsung? Has anyone ever had Samsung honor their warranty 15 days after it expired?

Thanks for any suggestions.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If you have factory reset and the problem still persists then its leaning towards hardware.
Any liquid damage?
Id suggest Samsung. Local shops cant replace the main board.

Ronald Rivera1

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Sprint Note 4 for a year now (15 days past 1 year), and have had no issues whatsoever. Have loved it. All of a sudden it reboots all the time, gets very hot, and freezes up a lot. I have tried pretty much everything I have read: cache partition, remove apps, removed SD card, factory reset, replaced battery- but am still having issues.

No new apps were installed when it started, and the phone has never been dropped or misused in anyway. About the only thing unusual that might have caused this was using Clean Master more often than I had in the past (my GPS signal was constantly "getting lost" in Google Maps, so I thought that might help).

Any thoughts on what might be causing it? Should I replace the motherboard (how much $$ is something like that)? Would a local repair shop be able to fix this, or should I only go to Samsung? Has anyone ever had Samsung honor their warranty 15 days after it expired?

I have the exact problems along with Sprint service. Ive taken it to the local Samsung repair, aent it twice to Samsung in Plano Texas. First time they replaced the lcd screen. Next time, the battery. And at the local repair, they wiped it clean and reinstalled the os. Its still doing the same. I wonder if its a software issue with Sprint. Its frustrating cause the last time it went to Samsung, they ran all the test twice and it's still doing the same thing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the verizon variant of the N4, but had similar issues.
How is your battery life when it is getting hot?
What does your battery screen say is using the most %?
Do you have any of your apps on the SD Card?

When mine was having this issue, I had a bunch of the apps on the SD card. The Android System was using a large % of my battery, and the phone got hot. I ended up taking off all of the apps from the SD card and leaving them off. I have not had any heat issues since except for when I am doing several things on it at the same time for extended periods of time.

Just a thought.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Bo21 is right, i never thought about Media Services or Server or what ever that android bug was that had to deal with memory card issues.
Also try to unmount or remove the memory card for a day or two.. See how it runs then.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site

Are you still using Clean Master? My experience with it makes me only install and use it if I believe I have some things needing cleaned, and then uninstalling it when finished. I have had it remove backup files I really wanted to keep, and loop closing apps which then reopen making the phone get hot and use more battery.

jabaray

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Already removed all apps w/ factory reset and took out SD card (no improvement). Also already replaced battery (no improvement, still gets hot and used up faster than before). For over a week just using a bare bones phone w/o anything added. Still having same issues rebooting & freezing (usually when use internet or GPS). Also, clock is off by 10 min for whatever reason. Clean master is gone.
Did notice others having similar issues on Sprint Community Forum Website, but still no feedback on how it was resolved, or if replaced.

h t t p s : / / community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note-4

Ronald Rivera1

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site

Having same issues. Sent to Samsung twice. First time LCD replaced. Second time, the battery. They couldn't find anything wrong on tests. Had it reset , the os wiped and reinstalled. Nothing helps. Sad thing is, I bought the warranty last year and now they're saying they can't find anything on it even though my credit card was charged and I have an email showing proof. Waiting on them to research this so I can just payments out of pocket deductible and get another. I'm done with Samsung. Had the g3 and it was doing the same .

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney