After Note 4 Payoff, Is it considered "unlocked"?

MotorCityinaBox

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys. I am jumping ship to Nexus 6p and while I wait for that to come in, I am putting notes together to sell my Note 4. After my payoff with AT&T is it considered "unlocked" or is it somehow still AT&T? Sorry for such a n00bish question. Thanks.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
You have to go online to their website and ask for an Unlock Code. There is a small form you fill out with phone info and IMEI number and such. Then you will get an email with the Directions on how to unlock it. It only took me a few days to get mine. Now that I have it, not sure if I want to jump their ship yet. Having trouble deciding which service is worth it to go to.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys. I am jumping ship to Nexus 6p and while I wait for that to come in, I am putting notes together to sell my Note 4. After my payoff with AT&T is it considered "unlocked" or is it somehow still AT&T? Sorry for such a n00bish question. Thanks.

Unlocked or not, it will always be considered a att phone. You can put it on other companies service but it's still an att phone. Software updates will come from att. If you ever get them at all. My note 4 is att and I have it on metro pcs. Att does something to they phones where unless you have their service you don't get Ota software updates. I have to take mine to Best buy and have them update it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
All carrier phones will only update OTA on their service.

If you know someone on the service of your carrier phone, you can also pop their SIM card in your phone and update it OTA.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
All carrier phones will only update OTA on their service.

If you know someone on the service of your carrier phone, you can also pop their SIM card in your phone and update it OTA.

That's not true. I had an unlocked t-mobile note 4 with no sim card in it and it got the Ota update for lollipop soon as it came out.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: After Note 4 Payoff, Is it considered "unlocked"?

That's not true. I had an unlocked t-mobile note 4 with no sim card in it and it got the Ota update for lollipop soon as it came out.

On AT&T? This is a very common issue. They must connect to the carrier server and they won't connect without an active SIM.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Also, On the directions I have, you need the sim from another service to officially unlock it with the code. You can't unlock with it still on AT&T.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay