android pay. highly annoyed

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
So, last weekend I took my phone to Best Buy to have them update my phone to 5.1.1. Today I decided to go ahead and do a factory reset because my battery life has been bad since the update. I go back into android pay and it was saying I needed to add my debit card which I had done before the update and factory reset. It's not letting me add my Chase Debit card that I had on there before. Wtf????

Posted via the Android Central App

RockAndRollAcdc

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
There's lots of people in the same boat. I use Google wallet, which I loved, then they switch to android pay. I was fine until my credit union changed and we all got new cards. This is really sad. My credit union as of right now has no plans to fix this

agrote007

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So, last weekend I took my phone to Best Buy to have them update my phone to 5.1.1. Today I decided to go ahead and do a factory reset because my battery life has been bad since the update. I go back into android pay and it was saying I needed to add my debit card which I had done before the update and factory reset. It's not letting me add my Chase Debit card that I had on there before. Wtf????

I think I read somewhere that some cards would be grandfathered in when you upgraded from. Wallet to Pay. Since you reset your phone you may have inadvertently lost the ability to use that card in Pay because it wasn't imported from Wallet....Just a thought, not sure if you came from Wallet or just installed Pay.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I think I read somewhere that some cards would be grandfathered in when you upgraded from. Wallet to Pay. Since you reset your phone you may have inadvertently lost the ability to use that card in Pay because it wasn't imported from Wallet....Just a thought, not sure if you came from Wallet or just installed Pay.

I came from wallet. That really sucks

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had numerous calls with Google Wallet about Android Pay and my Bank BMOHarris is not supported since the change to Android pay. I've spent at least 4 calls around 30 minutes each with Reps and all they can say is I understand your frustration. Really?! I don't think so.

My last ditch effort was when I saw that American Express was covered and I called and checked to see if my Amex Serve Card would be supported, which their support said yes. So I get it activated to a charge of .87 cents, and it's not supported! I look on the google website and it's not supported, because it's a pre-paid debit card. It doesn't surprise me, the support for Isis or excuse me, Softcard, was never good.

All I can say is I'm tired of trying and I don't need anymore CC's then I already have, so until Google works it out with the Banks like ours, they are losing a lot of customers. It's totally aggravating. I even checked with my bank and maybe they'll put out an app for tap and pay. Google really screwed the pooch on this one. JMO

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had numerous calls with Google Wallet about Android Pay and my Bank BMOHarris is not supported since the change to Android pay. I've spent at least 4 calls around 30 minutes each with Reps and all they can say is I understand your frustration. Really?! I don't think so.

My last ditch effort was when I saw that American Express was covered and I called and checked to see if my Amex Serve Card would be supported, which their support said yes. So I get it activated to a charge of .87 cents, and it's not supported! I look on the google website and it's not supported, because it's a pre-paid debit card. It doesn't surprise me, the support for Isis or excuse me, Softcard, was never good.

All I can say is I'm tired of trying and I don't need anymore CC's then I already have, so until Google works it out with the Banks like ours, they are losing a lot of customers. It's totally aggravating. I even checked with my bank and maybe they'll put out an app for tap and pay. Google really screwed the pooch on this one. JMO

Search for Android Pay supported cards on Google. The site will give you all the info you need and explain why your old card doesn't work with the new system.

Galaxy Note 4 {Sprint 5.1.1}

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Search for Android Pay supported cards on Google. The site will give you all the info you need and explain why your old card doesn't work with the new system.

Galaxy Note 4 {Sprint 5.1.1}

I did, and it said American Express was supported, until you read the fine print and some of their debit and pre-paid cards are not. It also says Mastercard supports it. Well I have a Mastercard Credit Card and it also gave me the Bank not supported message. So it's very misleading in some ways. None of the banks or cards I use work and if they want me to use their app, they need to include the bank I use which is one of the bigger banks like Chase is.

Also, why not take my Mastercard CC, when it says that It takes that in the first part where CC's are mentioned? It's just a pain now, so until they fix it, I'm done trying. If they made it easier, I'm sure most people would be using it. Now they just made it harder, so how is this suppose to catch on with the Android Pay and people using Tap and Pay, when people like me can't get our cards to work with it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800