Notifications / Ringtones in my music folder

Dustoff-00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I downloaded a few notifications from Zedge and the downloaded tones ended up in my music folder. So now, while listening to my music, I hear my ringtones / notifications randomly while listening to music.

They don't overlap, ringtones act like music and are played as such.

Are they supposed to be in the music folder?

pdalper

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if they are to be in the music folder. Mine go to the media file on my sd card, but still play in Power app. Is there a setting to stop the playing of notifications in your music app as power app has? Can you tell your app from where to take the music from,ie,music or media folder?

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
So I downloaded a few notifications from Zedge and the downloaded tones ended up in my music folder. So now, while listening to my music, I hear my ringtones / notifications randomly while listening to music.

They don't overlap, ringtones act like music and are played as such.

Are they supposed to be in the music folder?

Are you sure those downloaded ringtones/notifications are actually located in your "Music" folder or do they just appear as tracks in the Music player?

Dustoff-00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure those downloaded ringtones/notifications are actually located in your "Music" folder or do they just appear as tracks in the Music player?

Right....They appear as tracks in the Music player / and when I want to change a notification I see them there. But, when listening to music they are played as well.

Just trying to separate them so that they don't play like music.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Right....They appear as tracks in the Music player / and when I want to change a notification I see them there. But, when listening to music they are played as well.

Just trying to separate them so that they don't play like music.

Using My Files app locate the folder that contains your downloaded ringtones/notifications, place a blank ".nomedia" file in it, they will be excluded from the library scan and will not appear as music in the player.

Dustoff-00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Using My Files app locate the folder that contains your downloaded ringtones/notifications, place a blank ".nomedia" file in it, they will be excluded from the library scan and will not appear as music in the player.

So I went to the Notification folder and Ringtone folder - neither have any of my notifications/ringtones.

If I place the .nomedia file in my music file, will that kill the music? Or would it be simpler to just move the tones to their perspective file?

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
So I went to the Notification folder and Ringtone folder - neither have any of my notifications/ringtones.

I wouldn't expect to find Zedge sounds in Ringtones or Notifications folders, they are probably stored in Zedge's own folder in Device storage>Android>data but I can't be sure, I never used the app.

Last edited: