How to Type and Save on Note 4 ... !!!

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
How can I type and save my typing on my Note 4 ? I tried Docs To Go and Polaris Office (both work just fine on my Note 3), but I do not have permission to save on the Note 4.

I have to pay money for the Premium Polaris Office in order to save my typing on my Note 4. Docs To Go will not allow me to save my typing ....

So, I'm stuck, unless there is some way around this, or another app that will allow me to type documents on my Note 4, then save to my Note 4.

I tried both saving to the internal memory and the micro sd card, but will not work with either storage space.

For now I'll have to paste my typing into an email message, then open the email message on my Note 3, and save into a Docs To Go file, then transfer that file via Bluetooth to my Note 4, then copy that text to paste where I need it .....

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I purchased the Pro version of Docs To Go ($15.00 US), so now I can save docs to the internal memory on my Note 4, but not to the SD Card. I would like to be able to save as many files as possible to the SD card, so I keep more memory free on the internal memory .....

I can save to either internal memory or SD card on my Note 3 with most apps, but not on my Note 4.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the Pro version of Docs To Go ($15.00 US), so now I can save docs to the internal memory on my Note 4, but not to the SD Card. I would like to be able to save as many files as possible to the SD card, so I keep more memory free on the internal memory .....

I can save to either internal memory or SD card on my Note 3 with most apps, but not on my Note 4.

The limitation you seem to be running into is related to how permissions for SD cards have changed so thats why your older device supports it while the new one doesn't. Personally I'd try to get a refund on the basis of not being able to save to SD.

I can't see spending money on an app just to satisfy the requirements you have but that's just me; the reason being the amount of space taken up by text documents is going to miniscule compared to other types of files like photos/videos etc. Unless you're talking about full desktop publishing with image embedding into documents and the like . . but I'm assuming not since you're talking about a smartphone and not a tablet (though I suppose some people actually do that kind of production on tiny screens . . ).

I'm not sure I fully understand the need to move the text around from device to device but have you considered using a cloud based app like Google Docs?

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
The limitation you seem to be running into is related to how permissions for SD cards have changed so thats why your older device supports it while the new one doesn't. Personally I'd try to get a refund on the basis of not being able to save to SD.

I can't see spending money on an app just to satisfy the requirements you have but that's just me; the reason being the amount of space taken up by text documents is going to miniscule compared to other types of files like photos/videos etc. Unless you're talking about full desktop publishing with image embedding into documents and the like . . but I'm assuming not since you're talking about a smartphone and not a tablet (though I suppose some people actually do that kind of production on tiny screens . . ).

I'm not sure I fully understand the need to move the text around from device to device but have you considered using a cloud based app like Google Docs?

My Note 3 has been my main computer for two years now, since my desktop computer bit the dust. Now my Note 4 will be my main computer, so I need to transfer lots of files to my Note 4 .....

I do lots of reading, studying, and research, so I need lots of eductional files on my Note 3 and Note 4 .....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance