How do I reset my backup password on my Samsung Note 4?

A

AC Question

how to reset my backup passord on samsung note 4?

I have a Samsung note 4. my fingerprint unlock is not working. I have forgotten my back up password. how do I unlock it?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: how to reset my backup passord on samsung note 4?

You could try doing it via Android Device Manager on a PC or laptop.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: how to reset my backup passord on samsung note 4?

If you fail too many times at your back up password, it should ask you to sign in with your Google Account to verify its your device. Android Device Manager is your only other good option if you have the service enabled.

DerrianLJ

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I wrote a lengthier response, but I may have timed out... In a nutshell, I was in the same boat: my fingerprint scan failed 5 times and I forgot my backup password. I tried the Device Manager approach, but it wouldn't reset the password for a phone that was already locked. I ended up at findmymobile.samsung.com. I found the "Unlock phone" feature, and it worked! The caveat is I think you have to have a Samsung account already for the locked phone. Not sure on that, because I didn't have to create one after I was locked out; I did it a month or so ago (can't remember why exactly, but obviously glad I did now). Otherwise, factory reset I'm afraid. And if you haven't backed up your phone manually or automatically via your cellular service provider's cloud (turned out I had a backup in Verizon's cloud that I could have restored from if I had to), you're out of luck. Hope this helped.