how to recieve calls via wifi

noobishnoobster

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
hi
i know very little about android phones as this is my first one.

i have tmobile sim in an unlocked att note 4.
i don't get a signal at my home ,but i have wifi.
i tried google voice w/hangout dialer but all i gained was being able to call out.
when setting up google voice i used the landline at my home. so now when ever i get a call via google voice number it rings the landline and not on my cell.
the landline is a number the is a roomates so i cant run to his room and bother him every time i receive a call.

is there any way to receive calls via my cell via wifi .

thanks

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Att note 4 doesnt have wifi calling. Only for tmo note 4. If you have att note 4, try using cricket no need to unlocked $35 for 2.5g or $40 5g. Better signal than tmo.

Posted via the Android Central App

noobishnoobster

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
i just thought since i could wifi call out there would be a way to receive calls too. i will check out cricket thanks for the advice i hate not having a signal and hope it works out here in the woods

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Att owned cricket their using same antenna. Cricket have data caps 8mbps still fast cant tell the diff using youtube, fb and kodi in san francisco. Driving San francisco to los angeles np in pandora.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I was going to say I think you can only use tmobile wifi calling when actually having a tmobile line. I have tmobile and wifi calling works like a champ. I have 0 reception in my house and most of where I live. I survive on wifi calling/texting.

Posted via the Android Central App Note 4

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You can both make and receive calls over WiFi using Hangouts and Google Voice, just like using a regular phone. I've done it, it was easy to get going. You must have had something misconfigured. Try it again and I'm sure you can get it to work.

Here's how to make calls:

https://support.google.com/hangouts/answer/6079055?hl=en

...and here's how to receive calls:

https://support.google.com/hangouts/answer/6079064

As for Google Voice ringing a landline just go into Google Voice settings online and change the number GV forwards to.

Last edited: