Samsung Note 4 - Screen goes black during calls

Jawapaul

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi All..... I have had this problem for a few Months now. Nothing can fix it. i.e. The Samsung Note 4 screen goes black straight away during calls whilst phone is down in the hand...... and needs to be woken by button push. Then goes black again..... then must be woken.... then black etc etc. Absolutely drives me crazy when in a call requiring a menu response.... also once it is woken, screen often stays lit up, even when against the ear.....causing false screen push by face contact and settings change or call on hold by skin contact during the call. HELP ?!?!......

I just went back to Samsung Agent, after testing they said it was NOT software but a hardware problem. I was given a brand new Note 4 handset, so went home and replaced all contacts, mssg's and apps using the samsung back/up restore app. The Android Software also needed updating of course also. After just a few hours............ the fault is back !! On the brand new handset ?!!

I have no screen protector or cover over the proximity sensor..... There is no dust.... and the proximity sensor works perfectly when tested using #*0#*

When the phone is rebooted, it works fine for a call or two...... The goes black again.

What to do ?? I will try anything that helps..... This is getting crazy now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm