When my Note 4 gets to 30% left it will die. Do I need a new battery?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
When my phone gets to 30% left it will die. Do I need a new battery?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Android Central

Only one post is necessary for the same question. We don't need two asking the same thing. Chances are your battery needs to be replaced. I had the same problem and a new battery solved it.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That or reset your battery stats (a factory reset can do this if you're not sure how). If that doesn't work, yes new battery.

azach19

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah mine does that too but its at a lower % the last time it did it was 18%, rebooted flashed 5% then just shut off and was at 0% in a matter of seconds. even worse and a little frightening, i plug it in wait like 30 seconds turn it on it said 0% for like 5 minutes and when i tried to do anything it would just shut off. Hopefully it is just the battery.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah mine does that too but its at a lower % the last time it did it was 18%, rebooted flashed 5% then just shut off and was at 0% in a matter of seconds. even worse and a little frightening, i plug it in wait like 30 seconds turn it on it said 0% for like 5 minutes and when i tried to do anything it would just shut off. Hopefully it is just the battery.

get a new battery

Posted via the Android Central App

dency45

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Same in my phone. My phone is randomly turning off when my battery is around 10-30%. Also when charging it get stuck at 77%. I will buy a new battery.

freakout311style

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I started a thread on this issue a month or so ago, but I find it funny that all of the sudden this very similar issue (regarding percentage range where phones shut down) started popping up all around the same general time (roughly a year after the device was released).

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I started a thread on this issue a month or so ago, but I find it funny that all of the sudden this very similar issue (regarding percentage range where phones shut down) started popping up all around the same general time (roughly a year after the device was released).
I dunno....I find it totally conceivable that batteries of a particular design and produced within a particular timeframe will begin to fail within a particular timespan for users with similar usage patterns.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I believe Fast Charging in the culprit here. Had to replace my battery one month shy of a year of ownership. I try not to use Fast Charging now and get much better battery life.

freakout311style

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I believe Fast Charging in the culprit here. Had to replace my battery one month shy of a year of ownership. I try not to use Fast Charging now and get much better battery life.

I rarely use the fast charger, except when I need a fast charge. Generally I'm using an old S4 or Blackberry USB adapter for charging, which is what I use when charging over night.

freakout311style

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I dunno....I find it totally conceivable that batteries of a particular design and produced within a particular timeframe will begin to fail within a particular timespan for users with similar usage patterns.

I agree, to an extent. Whether it is related to a particular batch or not, who knows. Additionally, I'm not a real power user, it generally sits in my desk during the day with limited/periodic use, then off and on use in the afternoon/evening. I just never had this problem with my S3, which I used a lot more, usually running the battery down to less than 10% daily for 2 years. The battery drained fast on that device (in my experience), but never just went from 30% > 0% in a matter of seconds.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue at 40%. I called up talked to Verizon and they sent me a brand new Samsung battery for free. Seems to have solved it.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Lucky. I sent a message on their support forum and was told it was apps I have on my phone causing my battery drain and they wouldn't send me a new battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Its been said before in other battery threads like this one by others and I'll just repeat it here; those having instant dead issues with batteries would do well to check the battery for swelling. The battery is essentially vacuum sealed in a metal bag, if you can squeeze the battery and it feels puffy then the battery is failing. A swollen battery will also rock when pressed on either long edge when laid flat on a table.

Leaving a swollen battery in your phone may damage the phone as it continues to swell. I had a battery swell in my Note 4 to the point that it started to push the display assembly out of the frame. Since I normally keep my phone in the 50%+ range I never noticed quick drops, what I did notice was the screen wasn't level with the frame on the left side. Popping the S-View cover off my phone revealed the swollen battery. From my experience the S-View cover is more rigid and has less clearance between battery/cover so the potential for screen lift with a swollen battery is higher with this case.

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Mine would give me the critical warning low battery warning at 20% and on my way to the charger it would die. Bought the Anker 6440maH extended battery off Amazon and the Hyperion extended battery case for it, obviously adds size but looks and feels amazing and performance is awesome

Ken Clements

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I just chatted with a Samsung online support representative (issue reported was phone shutting down at 30% and then showing 0%)... you are going to laugh.. really no surprise though as Samsung have the WORST technical support. Ofcourse they weren't able to help apart from suggesting I try a battery.

Irene
Since currently we have not received any feedbacks yet about the same issue. I highly appreciate you for bringing this feedback up to us.
23:34:19

Klooney88

May 10, 2016
Visit site
I just chatted with a Samsung online support representative (issue reported was phone shutting down at 30% and then showing 0%)... you are going to laugh.. really no surprise though as Samsung have the WORST technical support. Ofcourse they weren't able to help apart from suggesting I try a battery.

Irene
Since currently we have not received any feedbacks yet about the same issue. I highly appreciate you for bringing this feedback up to us.
23:34:19

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech