Why aren't emails syncing?

A

AC Question

Why email is not syncing

My device is Galaxy Note 4.

1- Email does not sync automatically. I have to manually refresh inbox for newly received messages. When sync email check box is select a text displayed saying "master sync has been disabled" (weird). When unchecked the text displayed "sync disabled" (normal).

2- Contacts is behaving irrationally. when adding a new contact, for example "Dr Sami" it should be and used to be stored under letter D. For the last 3 months it does not act this way, instead the contact saved under letter S. I am ending up now with a handful of names sorted incorrectly.
Another issue is getting duplicated contacts (2,3, or 4 accounts for the same contact). I have no idea why it behaves this way. Is it because of accessing such a contact from other apps like whatsapp and viber?? Some of those duplicated accounts are refusing to get deleted even.!!!
Best regards

melmc1403

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why email is not syncing

What email app are you using? Are you using the stock email app or stock Gmail app? Thanks x

Posted via the Android Central App

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why email is not syncing

2- Contacts is behaving irrationally. when adding a new contact, for example "Dr Sami" it should be and used to be stored under letter D. For the last 3 months it does not act this way, instead the contact saved under letter S. I am ending up now with a handful of names sorted incorrectly.
If you go into edit on a contact that sorts incorrectly, then touch the down pointing arrow to the right of the name, you will see that the "Dr." was placed in the name prefix field. If you want it to sort as if Dr. were the first name, you need to move that to the first name field. At some point Google contacts was changed to parse Dr. into the name prefix field when a new contact was created, whereas it used to be put in the first name field.

Larry