Note 4 not charging under any circumstance besides one

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys!

I got the international Note 4 version, and so far so good but right now the phone doesn't seem to be able to charge besides when it's turned off.

Even when it's turned off and it charges, there is no progress bar but simply the battery icon with a electricity icon.. and he vibrates few in few seconds.

I've tried everything but buying a new battery, because I'm afraid that it might not work.. I just did a factory reset and still the same.

Any idea on what to do? I've tried with different chargers..and USB Cables.

Unless I get the phone back operational in terms of charging, I'll have to jump in the gun to a new phone

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys!

I got the international Note 4 version, and so far so good but right now the phone doesn't seem to be able to charge besides when it's turned off.

Even when it's turned off and it charges, there is no progress bar but simply the battery icon with a electricity icon.. and he vibrates few in few seconds.

I've tried everything but buying a new battery, because I'm afraid that it might not work.. I just did a factory reset and still the same.

Any idea on what to do? I've tried with different chargers..and USB Cables.

Unless I get the phone back operational in terms of charging, I'll have to jump in the gun to a new phone
Have you removed and inspected the battery? How does the battery look? Are both sides completely flat and is it easy to feel/make out the nfc circuitry on the side facing the back cover? If there's any evidence of puffiness the battery may be bad.

sinfoman

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Also, just to confirm, you said you tried different chargers- were they WALL chargers (brick) or were they USB cables into a computer? The cable makes a difference as well. I have a cable from my old LG razor that simply charges more slowly than the new cable I got w/ my N4. Same brick, same phone, different cable. Are you using all new hardware?

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Yep, battery seems solid and tried 4 different chargers/cables.

So far no luck.. Bought Galaxy S6 Edge today and going to send Note 4 for warranty in meanwhile... =(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair