How I fixed battery issues

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Got my Note 4 at launch and i easily got over 5 hours screen time when it was new and for quite a bit of the first year. I always charge overnight and unplug in the morning. Then battery got really bad the past few months and lately I struggled to get 3 hours screen time and I had to plug it in during the evening or it would die before i went to bed. I messed with settings and apps and nothing made the battery any better. I finally bought a new Anker battery and i'm on the 2nd full charge and am on pace for about 6 hours screen time. I'm convinced the batteries just do not last like they used to and a year is pushing its lifecycle. If you are having problems I'd suggest just buy a new one. It was $16 so not a whole lot for a years worth.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
We don't use phones like we used to, either. A few years ago the battery wouldn't be put through the strain it goes through right now, where (for most) the phone is always actively doing something. I'd say that if your battery manages to last at least half as much as it did when new by the second year, you're lucky and should just let it retire haha.

Then again, most users now rarely hold on to a device for more than a year or two.

anon(8413510)

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a feeling Samsung don't supply the best batteries with their phones.
I Have had to replace Samsung Galaxy S2, S3 Note3 and Note4 batteries within a year, as all were really depreciated in performance.
I Always found Anker batteries really good and reliable, glad you are pleased with yours :)

Posted via the Android Central App

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well the other thing too is battery designs had to change to keep up with the market's craving for thin devices. It's unfair to compare lifespan and performance of today's batteries against those of the past when not only have the loads/usage patterns changed but the designs of the batteries have had to change too. A millimeter may sound like a little to us but to a battery engineer trying to redesign a battery that's already only several millimeters thin or less that may as well be a mile.

I'm happy with my Anker batteries too but I've had one pair fail already. Anker did me right and replaced them free of charge. I'm trying to take better care of the 2nd set by not doing fast charge and not charging overnight. We shall see how that goes but I'm not going to lament over battery lifespan, life's too short and it's just not worth my while to worry about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer