5.1.1 killed my battery

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
So far I can't tell any difference after the update. I didn't do a factory reset but simply wiped the cache.
Ummm, when you say "...wiped the cache", exactly which did you wipe; per-app-cache or the device's cache (how do you access device cache)? Is rooting required for device cache wiping?
Please pardon my asking, I still consider myself a novice on Android. Thanks.

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
My battery life improved greatly. I'm two days off charger and at 78%. (No, I haven't used my phone much other than some texts, light browsing and a couple emails.) Still, this is a big improvement. I don't have the drain I did when it was sleeping as I did before. (I leave wifi, location and bluetooth on 24/7)

lteitelb

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have had the 5.1.1 update installed for a few days now. Scrolling seems smoother. I don't see any impact on battery life. I have Verizon Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My battery life was always bad using Words with Friends...and that is a choice I made. It is a LOT worse now with the update.

I am afraid to try wiping the cache because last 2 times I tried that I did an accidental factory reset and that was a HUGE pain.

I wish someone knew of a utility for it. Sorry to the person who asked for how. I don't have time to go find it and I don't want to be the one you are wanting to kill if you accidentally reset it. ;-)

anon(7775)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
My Tmobile Note's battery went to hell after 5.1.1,did a factory reset as a new device and battery is outstanding now

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Since I upgraded to 5.1.1 a couple days ago and the phone has settled into itself for awhile, I tested my battery longevity overnight and continuing into the day today. I had the screen off overnight, but when I got up, I forced the screen to stay on until the end of the test. During the course of the test, I used the phone as I normally would - took a couple of calls, did some texting, sent and received some mail, and played some Euchre. Not real heavy usage, but it was just about average for me. I'm pretty happy with these results because I normally wouldn't force the screen to stay on all day, so I expect to get MUCH longer battery life under normal usage.

Screenshot_2016-01-13-15-57-56.jpgScreenshot_2016-01-13-15-58-07.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-13-15-58-15.jpg

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Since I upgraded to 5.1.1 a couple days ago and the phone has settled into itself for awhile, I tested my battery longevity overnight and continuing into the day today. I had the screen off overnight, but when I got up, I forced the screen to stay on until the end of the test. During the course of the test, I used the phone as I normally would - took a couple of calls, did some texting, sent and received some mail, and played some Euchre. Not real heavy usage, but it was just about average for me. I'm pretty happy with these results because I normally wouldn't force the screen to stay on all day, so I expect to get MUCH longer battery life under normal usage.

View attachment 213132View attachment 213133
View attachment 213134

Damn I think I would be doing cartwheels with SOT like this. I'm lucky to see 4 1/2 hrs. I need to duplicate your settings lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital