How do I capture a frame from a video I've taken?

A

AC Question

On my note 4, I was able to go through a video that I'd taken frame by frame and then "capture"one as a photo. This worked wonders when trying to get good pictures of my baby neice. I'd take a video then get WONDERFUL pictures from it. No more barely missing the "perfect" moment. Is there a way to do this from my Note 5? I've not had any luck finding out how. And please don't tell me to take a screenshot. With the camera capturing 30 frames per second, taking a screenshot is NOT the same lol

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Looks like your post was moved to the wrong forum... should have been the Note 5 forum.

That said, as you've found out, they removed the frame by frame feature from the Note 5. You might need to find an 3rd party app. You could also drop by the Note 5 forum to look around, as this has been discussed before.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
How do you do this on Note4?
Open a video, pause it, step through frame by frame using the left/right arrows to what frame you want to capture, click on the camera icon between the left/right arrows.

I'm not sure you can anymore with the stock app. It must have been removed with the 5.1.1 update.
Really? I'm still on KK and it's available on my phone. I can't imagine they would remove it on 5.1.1. Unfortunate if true.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Open a video, pause it, step through frame by frame using the left/right arrows to what frame you want to capture, click on the camera icon between the left/right arrows.

Really? I'm still on KK and it's available on my phone. I can't imagine they would remove it on 5.1.1. Unfortunate if true.

I captured a video earlier and I didn't see any way to get a pic from it afterward. When I had KK, I could.

Posted via the Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I captured a video earlier and I didn't see any way to get a pic from it afterward. When I had KK, I could.

Bummers! To be honest, the screen cap is lower resolution, so maybe that's why they got rid of it. On the other hand, taking stuff away, isn't going to help in the popularity polls! I'm glad I'm locked in to KK!

Sonshine01

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
The Note 4 does still offer the capture picture while playing video on 5.1.1 Go to the gallery and pull up your video and hit play video. While you are watching it go to the upper right corner, tap the 3 dots (options) then choose settings and then check capture . Now when you pull up a video while playing just tap at the top of the video while playing and you will see the camera icon near the top of the video. Just hit that to capture a pic. If you want to do screen by screen then pause the video and you should see the camera icon come back up and it will have 2 arrows on either side of it so you can advance frame by frame and capture pics.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The Note 4 does still offer the capture picture while playing video on 5.1.1 Go to the gallery and pull up your video and hit play video. While you are watching it go to the upper right corner, tap the 3 dots (options) then choose settings and then check capture . Now when you pull up a video while playing just tap at the top of the video while playing and you will see the camera icon near the top of the video. Just hit that to capture a pic. If you want to do screen by screen then pause the video and you should see the camera icon come back up and it will have 2 arrows on either side of it so you can advance frame by frame and capture pics.

Thank you! I guess that's what I get for not checking the settings. Lol

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

I didn't notice it was missing until I saw this. Thanks!!

lagunarad

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Hey, wow there it is. Thanks a million.