How do I separate my notifications?

cky 78

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
How do I separate my notifications.

Hello everyone,
I would like to only be notified for incoming mail. Whether it be texts, emails or IM apps. I would like to turn off ALL other audio or vibrating notifications. I do not want to be notified from random apps, aside from the visual notification bar.
Is there a way to do this?
Thank you in advance.

datdude4dub

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do I separate my notifications.

I belive you would have to turn notifications off for each app you do not want notifications for.

cky 78

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site

Hi Datdude,
Thanks for your response.
Maybe I'm being difficult, but I want the visual notifications from them, just not the vibration...

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

Hi Datdude,
Thanks for your response.
Maybe I'm being difficult, but I want the visual notifications from them, just not the vibration...

Go to your settings. Sounds and notifications. Turn the volume all the way off for your notifications.

Posted via the Android Central App

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Go to your settings. Sounds and notifications. Turn the volume all the way off for your notifications.

Posted via the Android Central App
He still wants to receive notifs of emails.

I was thinking going on under settings and looking for app notifications. But then i realized i had a note 5. Hmmm, look for application notifications there, if i remember correctly, and you should be qble to disable there.

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

You may have already solved this, but I just found a setting in Gmail that may help you. Open the Gmail app and touch Menu > Settings. Touch your email address and there are options related to notifications. Maybe you can globally turn notifications as silent and then turn them back ON in Gmail?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy