Updated To OS 5.1.1, Performed Full Factory Reset (To OOB Condition) & Replaced Battery & Problem!

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Updated To OS 5.1.1, Performed Full Factory Reset (To OOB Condition) & Replaced Battery & Problem!

So, I did a full factory reset of my phone, updated the OS to 5.1.1, and then replaced the battery to a new battery. I loaded a bunch of applications to the phone and I moved what I could to my SD Card. I charged the phone, while off, for over 15 hours.

I turned on the phone, and the battery life is not much better than before.

According to my phone, I have had it on for over 4 hours, with minimal usage, and it is telling me that I have about 6 hours left.

What the hell? I upgraded the OS, I did a full factory reset, and I replaced the battery to a brand new Anker battery and the battery life is still sucking?

What the hell?

Can anyone please offer some insight?

I'm really upset about this. I thought I'd be getting over 18 hours of battery life.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Updated To OS 5.1.1, Performed Full Factory Reset (To OOB Condition) & Replaced Battery & Proble

Which apps are using the most power? (If you reinstalled all your apps, I'm guessing it's one of them. Facebook is a known battery hog.)

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Updated To OS 5.1.1, Performed Full Factory Reset (To OOB Condition) & Replaced Battery & Proble

Actually, nope. I'm only using Facebook through the Chrome browser.

Posted via the Android Central App

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Still doesn't answer the question though, what is the battery status screens telling you? Post screen shots of them. The application usage screen, the graph and the screen usage page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy