Need help figuring out what voided my warranty

enfuego360

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So I have had a very frustrating two months. The short background story is that two months ago I had battery issues. My battery charged and drained normally, but when it was low, lets say 15% (Usually somewhere between 10 and 25%), my phone would shut off and when it came back on it would say 0%. Now according to the Samsung people at BestBuy, this is an issue with the Lollipop update Samsung pushed out. It doesn't affect every phone but it does happen. Anyway, unfortunately I called Verizon for help. They skipped the step telling me to go to Samsung and went straight to a factory reset. Now instead of having one problem, I have three (1-Battery, 2-don't get most of my notifications, 3-a message saying I have to call Verizon to activate my 4G, even though 4G works). After fighting with Verizon, they finally sent me a replacement phone.

The problem is, and the reason for this thread, is that when the Samsung people connected my phone to their computer, it said I installed software to my phone and the warranty was voided. So for when I get my new phone, I don't want to do whatever it was that voided my warranty. Because if Verizon didn't send me a new phone I would have had to buy a new phone, and I am not in the market to buy a new phone.

But here is the thing, I never intentionally installed anything on my phone that wasn't an app from the play store or a Verizon software update. I do have a theory though. So instead of listing every app I have, I will go straight to what I think voided my warranty. I believe it is the app Helium (formally Carbon). It is the only thing that I have to connect to my computer to make the app work. It also says that if your phone is rooted, you don't have to connect your phone. So I think that what happens is that when you connect it to the computer, it tricks your phone into thinking it is rooted so you can back up your app data.

Can anyone confirm that Helium voided my warranty with Samsung? And if so, does anyone know of a way to transfer my game data (at least the ones that don't back up to the cloud) to my new phone without voiding my warranty? I really appreciate any help. Thanks.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Samsung will void the warrantee for almost anything...
They voided my warrantee for a scratch on the frame.... Then never fixed my note 4

Done with Samsung products...

met021345

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Samsung did the same thing to me. I have never installed anything not from the google store ever. Luckily sprint replaced my phone when it happened to me

Posted via the Android Central App

azie

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Samsung will void the warrantee for almost anything...
They voided my warrantee for a scratch on the frame.... Then never fixed my note 4

Done with Samsung products...
Just can't belive this.
I have only good experiences. Starting with S2, S3, S4, Note 4, Tab S2. For every problem that involved warranty, they fixed it without argueing.

enfuego360

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So no one knows if Helium would void my Samsung warranty? It is just no one that I talked to at Samsung knows either, which is odd. I just don't want to void my next warranty.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Just can't belive this.
I have only good experiences. Starting with S2, S3, S4, Note 4, Tab S2. For every problem that involved warranty, they fixed it without argueing.

I'm with you. Started with an S2 and never had a problem as far as warranty issues.
S2, S3, S4, Note Edge and Tab 2...

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084