Note 4 connectivity issues

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed any issues with the Note 4 and connectivity?

I've experienced numerous situations where I should have a stable connection, whether it's on wifi on cellular and the phone seems unable to determine which one to use and as a result, I'm left with no connection.

This has been ongoing for a while and been present through a number of firmware updates.

The only way to overcome such issues is to activate then disable flight mode and connectivity works again as normal.

I've also noticed this happening away from known wifi connections and the phone seems to struggle between 3G and 4G connections. Again, enabling and disabling flight mode gets things working again.

Can anyone else shed any light on this please?

I have smart network switch disabled. I've also experimented with it enabled and it seems to make no difference with this issue.

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Also, for some unknown reason, my 5GHz home wifi connection randomly disappears on my phone. It's almost certainly nothing to do with the router as other devices maintain the connection without any issue at all. I could be happily browsing the web on my desktop using the 5GHz and at the same time, only have the 2.4GHz available on the phone.

It's quite frustrating to say the least.

Manchali

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Also, for some unknown reason, my 5GHz home wifi connection randomly disappears on my phone. It's almost certainly nothing to do with the router as other devices maintain the connection without any issue at all. I could be happily browsing the web on my desktop using the 5GHz and at the same time, only have the 2.4GHz available on the phone.

It's quite frustrating to say the least.