Has anyone found a way to move game data without voiding the warranty?

enfuego360

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I am just curious if anyone has found a way to move game data without voiding the warranty? Because for some reason all games aren't in the cloud or there isn't an easy solution for this in the year 2016.

I have used Helium in the past with good results. But then I had a problem with my phone and couldn't get help, because software was installed on my phone that voided the warranty. I am guessing that was because of Helium... No one could tell me.

I got a replacement phone and would like to move my game data, but don't want to void my warranty. So it looks like I have two options:
1) Lose my game data.
2) Void my warranty, install Helium and transfer my game data.

I hope someone knows of an option #3. It would be nice to transfer my game data without voiding my warranty. Thanks in advance.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
According to Helium in the app store description, root is not required. So you wouldn't be voiding your warranty.

Android Central App | S5 G900A kitkat root

enfuego360

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I know. I have never rooted my phone and was able to use Helium, but according to the Samsung software that the people use at the Samsung area in BestBuy, software was installed on my phone that voided my warranty. When I got my replacement phone I installed every app except for Helium and used every app. Then when I connected my phone, they said everything was fine. So it had to be Helium. It is BS, but what can I do.

I just dont get why all games aren't in the cloud or at least have a way to move the game data file to the SD card.