My note 4 doesn't recognise my printer it just keeps searching while my wife's iPhone 5c does!?

A

AC Question

My printer is a Canon pixma my note 4 doesn't recognise it but my wife's iPhone and Ipad does? I thought the note 4 given its name would have no problem with this!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you trying to connect directly, or via your home wi-fi network? Are you using the Canon Print Service or Google Cloud Print?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It'd still help to know if you're using Google Cloud Print or some printer manufacturer plug-in.

At home, I have a wireless (but non-Google Cloud Print ready) printer on my home wi-fi network (so in other words, in order to print, I have to make sure my main PC is on). Every now and then, my other wireless devices (like a Chromebook) lose the connection to the printer, and sometimes I have to remove the printer from my Windows PC, then add it back again. A bit of a pain, but relatively quick to do.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
With Android one needs to have the proper printer drivers installed . . as B. Diddy was asking, which option are you folks trying to go with - a driver from the play store for your printer's manufacturer or Google Cloud Print (or other cloud printing service)?

Out of the box an Android device isn't just going to discover networked printers on its own and install the necessary drivers for them automatically.

Personally I use a Canon inkjet all-in-one at home which works fine for me on all of my android devices using Canon's own software available on the Play store.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Out of the box an Android device isn't just going to discover networked printers on its own and install the necessary drivers for them automatically.

Personally I use a Canon inkjet all-in-one at home which works fine for me on all of my android devices using Canon's own software available on the Play store.

Same deal here. Pixma 5620. It broadcasts to the network, true. Not sure what makes the ios devices see it (my gf's ipad doesn't see my printer though??), but when I put the Canon Print Service on my Note, it picked it up, and I can print to it no problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz