Help! Can't connect to home wifi after 6.0 Marshmallow update!

dgreen39

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Sine I updated my note 4 to 6.0 a few days ago, I have been having problems connecting to wifi especially at home. It's showing that it is connected but won't open a web page or a app. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Sasha Kaplan

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
When you are in your wifi settings choose home network, click forget>input all you info again
Hopefully will help

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi DeGreen39!

If Synycalwon's idea regarding "wiping the cache partition" doesn't work, I recommend the dreaded Full Factor Reset. Honestly, I do this on all major updates and have never had any issues. There are many people, that do these major updates and no issues occur, however, for reasons that cannot be pinned down to one cause, there are those that encounter issues after a major update and a Factor Reset fixes their issues immediately.

CAUTION: BE SURE TO BACK UP ALL YOUR PERSONAL DATA, LIKE PICTURES AND FILES BEFORE YOU RESET!

Hope this helps!

Chris

mwailes

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
My wifi only works sporadically after the Marshmallow update. When I connect outside my house it seems to work fine. Very disappointing.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all, a full factory reset solved the problem.

It's the "modus operandi" of updates to require a factory reset nowadays. Getting a bit annoying, but seems it's needed more so than not. I always factory reset directly after any OS update/downgrade or firmware flash. As much of a pain that it is, I'm always happy the phone has a clean start with no garbage from the previous OS.

Darquake

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
OMG, Synycalwon literally saved my life, my note 4 refused to connect to my school wifi, but my Samsung s3 would. I tried that cache clear thing he was talking about, and it worked. Props to you, and sorry to bump an almost year old forum. I made an account just to say thanks so much!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63