Issues After Sprint Marshmallow update

sinfoman

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I cleaned the cache partition and it didn't make a difference. My battery life is even worse now so I had Sprint test my phone and they said the battery was good. I get about 5 hours of normal usage and about 9 hours if I have power saving mode turned on. I've had the phone less than a year and used to get 16 hours of normal usage when I first got my phone and can go 2 days without charging. I'm think about doing a factory reset but it doesn't look that will solve any issues. It seems each update makes things worst and wished I stayed with KitKat from the beginning. Any other suggestion would be appreciated.

Everyone everyone EVERYONE: FACTORY RESET YOUR PHONE. You'll thank me, I swear.

Posted via the Android Central App on my marshmallowy Note 4

Jnug70

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I did and still restarting multiple times. Couple of apps are buggy. Only positive spot my lte got better

Posted via the Android Central App

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
my battery life is terrible after the update to MM. I did everything, cache wipe, factory reset. my battery plummets right before my eyes. I used to last a whole work day till my battery was almost dead. Now I can't go more than half day and it dies. Its not a faulty battery, phone worked fine before updating to MM.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Just did my sprint update and everything is laggy, super annoying, i even deleted the cache partition too. This really sucks, Is it marshmellow or sprint? Guessing sprints added crap

Think I'm going to stay with Lollipop on my Sprint device.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

daehttub01

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
It's been a few days since my Sprint Marshmallow update and aside from the ugly colors and childish marshmallow shipped icons, the only two annoying issues I have are connected to the power save option. It causes my TuneIn to cut in and out. TuneIn kind of ruined their app with their ad load before Marshmallow so I am not sure it's really a marshmallow issue. I have also noticed an intermittent email sync issue. I am still trying to figure it out but sometimes it misses a sync and I have mine set for every 15 minutes. As for the battery issues I just turned off Google Now and use the power save option. I think Google Now is a massive power hog. I admit to being lazy and skipping the factory reset. Probably ought to do it when I get the time... I just hate the Marshmallow icons and colors...

erinpac

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed those... but as soon as I updated, LastPass stopped allowing fingerprint unlock as an available option and the fingerprint unlock is "not available after phone reset" - I could hardly recall what the password backup was as I had not used it since getting the phone.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When I first updated my battery life was ok. Now it is horrible, even with WiFi on at home. I have 3 spare batteries. That is 4 batteries total. All of them are acting the same. It is not the batteries, its the update.

rrajewski

May 4, 2016
Visit site
I called Sprint and they sent some sort of Wi-Fi related refresh down to my phone. After a couple of restarts my Wi-Fi calling started to work just fine. I'm hopeful nothing else was broken through that process. :)

sinfoman

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I did and still restarting multiple times. Couple of apps are buggy. Only positive spot my lte got better

Posted via the Android Central App

Also, @Shaneontherocks- I presume ALL of your apps are a) from the app store and b) up to date? When you did the FR, did you do a "soft" reset through the MM OS, or did you do a "hard" reset via [up volume][Home button][Powerbutton]? The reason I ask is A) Apps from non-store developers may not be optimized for MM, B) Optimized apps for MM need to be loaded post-update, otherwise, you're running mismatched apps, and C) Hard reset is what I always do. I don't know that there's a difference between A and B, but a FR via the OS seems counterproductive to me.

CBert71

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
re: your bluetooth, that sounds very similar to an issue i've been having on my S5 since lollipop.... id either have to restart the phone for it to connect, or go into application manager and force shutdown Bluetooth (now "Bluetooth Share" under Application Manager with Show System Apps selected in the new Marshmallow settings screen.). After force shutting it, BT would start up again and connect fine.... I'd be curious to know if that works on your end as well.....I'd hoped that quirk was addressed in MM...

Fishfood83

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: Issues After Verizon Marshmallow update

After the update completely froze my Note 4 and couple hours with Samsung techs - it was decided to
restore (hard set). Guess what - battery life still HORRIBLE.

russj262

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
This is the first time I have found someone with the same issue that I have with bluetooth locking the phone and requiring the password to unlock.

- While headset is connected a random time passes and the phone locks. Message states that a password is required after a reboot and fingerprint won't work. Thing is that the phone has NOT rebooted. This will happen during a call or just when the headset is connected. I have three of these headsets and they all have the same issue. I thought my phone was having a hardware issue and Verizon replaced my phone with a new one. New phone worked well for a few days then the same issue once again.

I have a Moto 360 2 watch that is connected all the time via bluetooth with no issues.

Using my 'Era by Jawbone' headsets causes this issue. I also now have a plantronics headset that triggers it as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech