need a new battery

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
So from what I have read my battery is toast some days OK most days it will go from 30-40% to turning off dead in the matter of a few seconds so what is everyone running for a replacement?

Posted via the Android Central App

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If you aren't spending at least $10-15 a battery, you probably will end up with something that says "SMASUNG" and is made by Sparky McSparkeson's Fireworks Emporium. Don't cheap out on this. I love Thermite, but not in my phones. Any good battery should have tons of good reviews (the Anker pair that I posted above has over 1,000 reviews and the average rating is 4.5 stars).

Verizon overcharges badly for the batteries, but it is one way to make sure you get a good battery, and I guess overspending by $15 to make a $150+ phone like new again isn't a bad risk mitigation strategy. But for basically the same price you can get a PAIR of solid batteries by Anker that includes a charger from Amazon.

Bor Navas

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I bought one on ebay and well it says Samsung, but you can tell it's not oem.. Its performance sucks too, usually turns off at 20%...

Posted via my Note 4, missing bb10...

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I ordered The anker today I'll report back and yes Verizon they wanted 40 I do get 20% off but still more

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I get a discount on my personal account through my employer (we're a major user of Verizon for corporate devices) which made the battery from Verizon only $20 (picked up two at that price! :)). Looks like steveinil is also on Verizon (from prior posting history), so it may be worth logging into your account to see if there's a discount on the battery. Even if not, IMHO $29.99 (same as Samsung's retail price) is reasonable for a genuine OEM battery that comes in retail packaging along with a plastic carry case. :)

For sure. Genuine Samsung and Anker are both good choices for reliability.

I forgot about the plastic carry case, which is very nice to have when (like me) you are the sort of person who carries around a spare battery most of the time - so that's one plus in the "Genuine Samsung Battery" column, because the Anker comes without a protective case for the two batteries they include in the box.

So, extra battery, or carrying case for the one battery you buy? I chose one of each (I have a spare Sammy with a case, and 2 Ankers without, for a total of 4 batteries and I can carry one around with protection all the time).

I think if I was doing a 1:1 replacement of a battery like OP, I'd probably go with the Anker because there is no intent to carry around a spare, and if you switch out the batteries once a month or so you'll have a good battery for a very long time. If I was looking for a spare battery to carry around with me everywhere, I'd go for the genuine Sammy for the protective case. But that's me. You can't go wrong either way, really, and we're not talking earth-shattering amounts of cash here.

But it's a major reason why I still have my Note 4. Because on the Note 5 forum, this would be a very, very different conversation involving finding a reliable repair shop that can replace the battery without destroying the phone and whether it's even worth doing. Here? We can debate $30 for 2 batteries or $40 for one with a nice case. I love that.

coolguy78240

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This is perfect. I am having the same issue. Power save kicks on at 20% then within like 10 min down to 5% then three seconds later off! Time for a new battery.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
well got the new battery been useing it a few days think i got it friday. its not dieing like it was at 30 or 40 percent but it wont charge over 85% so not sure what the deal is im at work now and have had it plugged in for about 25 minutes on the fast charger that came with the phone and its sitting at 73% and was at 72 when i plugged it in so no idea whats going on it says its charging grrr as much as i dont want to may be time for a factrory reset...

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Well its been over a week and not getting better I think I'm going to contact the eBay seller now it only gets to 73% while charging overnight it goes up more while charging in my car but not to 100 still. Just weird holds the charge pretty good though definitely helped with that.

jreuschl

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy still carries the 2 battery+charger combo for $50. They have some open box ones on their website too but not sure I could trust someone not sending back an old/bad battery in a return.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance