Power Banks - for the Note 4

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Looking for a recommendation for a good power bank. I've seen many at all power levels and prices. Any help is appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a couple of different RAVPower power banks and they work great but I found for my Note 4 that it's simpler, quicker, and smaller (size & weight) to carry a spare battery if I think I'll need the extra juice.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I guess a lot depends on why you think you need a power bank. Going outdoor camping for a few days, maybe?

I've never been in a situation where I needed a power bank to charge my phone... past or present. I instead have spare batteries on the ready. The way I look at it, is if you ever forget to charge your phone or you need to have a full battery for any reason, you can just pop in a fresh one and in a minute you're back up to 100%. With a power bank, you would still have to wait, and be tethered, while it charges. Samsung sells a charging adapter for the battery and so you can always have fresh batteries ready without having to charge them in your phone. My recommendation is get the charging adapter and a few spare batteries. However, if you have a good reason for wanting a power bank, then by all means get one. Just my opinion.

I do own a small, 4 cell,18650 battery power bank, and if needed, I could use it to charge my phone as it pushes 2 amps, but I bought it for my Mobius action cam when I go fishing.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Another good manufacturer of power banks with Qualcomm QuickCharge capability is Anker. Search for eith Anker or RAVPower power bank on Amazon and you'll see a number of choices. How many different choices do you want?

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Looking for a power bank that will give my Note4 about 3 full cycles of power. The way I use my smartphone that would give me about 3 - 4 days of use.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Looking for a power bank that will give my Note4 about 3 full cycles of power. The way I use my smartphone that would give me about 3 - 4 days of use.

OK. So the OEM battery is 3220mAh and if you want 3 charges out of a power bank then you need a minimum 10000mAh bank (they aren't 100% efficient so you need to go higher than just 3x). And Qualcomm QuickCharge capability works quickest for the Note 4 (QC ver 2). Here is a specific model meeting those specs:

http://www.amazon.com/Qualcomm-RAVPower-13400mAh-Portable-Flashlight/dp/B014GRM294/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460473283&sr=8-1&keywords=ravpower+quick+charge+2.0

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
OK. So the OEM battery is 3220mAh and if you want 3 charges out of a power bank then you need a minimum 10000mAh bank (they aren't 100% efficient so you need to go higher than just 3x). And Qualcomm QuickCharge capability works quickest for the Note 4 (QC ver 2). Here is a specific model meeting those specs:

http://www.amazon.com/Qualcomm-RAVPower-13400mAh-Portable-Flashlight/dp/B014GRM294/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460473283&sr=8-1&keywords=ravpower+quick+charge+2.0

Thanks so much. Under $30.00 at Amazon.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Personally I carry both when I travel, typically a couple of spare Note 4 batteries and a couple of 10,000mAh or so portable batteries. Never know when I may need them and at random times friends may need a quick charge while I'm around. The external batteries are more for my own peace of mind when it comes to charging my tablet rather than the Note 4. For the 4 I'll just swap batteries . . nothing like going from low to 100% in a minute, and you can literally do that with an extra battery that tucks neatly in a pocket.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My main reason to not use phone batteries, is that they are specific. Can't take my epic 4g batteries and use the. With my note, won't likely be able to use the note 4 batteries with whatever else comes along. I can charge my tablets, kindle, all the phones, and even in a pinch my surface 3 with the battery packs. Can't do that with a phone specific battery.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
My main reason to not use phone batteries, is that they are specific. Can't take my epic 4g batteries and use the. With my note, won't likely be able to use the note 4 batteries with whatever else comes along. I can charge my tablets, kindle, all the phones, and even in a pinch my surface 3 with the battery packs. Can't do that with a phone specific battery.

That's exactly my reasoning for the original question. I'm not a fan of Amazon, but they do have some nice power banks at a good price. I'll probably go with Anker as they have a choice of quality products.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly my reasoning for the original question. I'm not a fan of Amazon, but they do have some nice power banks at a good price. I'll probably go with Anker as they have a choice of quality products.

You can't go wrong with the Anker power banks. I do own and use the one I posted the link for. I use it for my Note 4 and my tablets - iPad Air 2, Nexus 7, and Kindle PaperWhite.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
You can't go wrong with the Anker power banks. I do own and use the one I posted the link for. I use it for my Note 4 and my tablets - iPad Air 2, Nexus 7, and Kindle PaperWhite.

I ordered 2 of the ones you posted at $27.99 from Amazon. Price is back up to $33.99. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac