Please help thinking of buying new note 4 or note 5

stsullivan

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Good afternoon I'm getting ready to buy a new phone and I can't decide between the Note 4 and the Note 5 could sure use your help and your suggestions.
Thanks for all your help and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day.

stsullivan

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay thanks so much for your help. Do you know a good place to buy a unlocked this will be my first time buying a unlocked phone I'm on prepaid AT&T again thanks for all your help.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
What's the price difference between the two for you?

For me, even at the same price, I'd choose a Note 4. There are several features that make it worth the "older" build in my personal opinion.

1. IR Blaster - use it a lot.
2. Replaceable battery - I'm on my second one.
3. SD card slot - I keep one in there to make backups of data on local memory.

The Note 5 will get OS upgradesfor probably a year longer, of course, and has a few nice features like themes, note-taking with the screen off (available on the Note 4 with an aftermarket app), a better camera, and a few other niceties I'm likely forgetting.

Glass versus plastic/aluminum build is a matter of aesthetics. I actually like plastic. Not everyone does.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Okay thanks so much for your help. Do you know a good place to buy a unlocked this will be my first time buying a unlocked phone I'm on prepaid AT&T again thanks for all your help.

I personally bought mine only a month ago from B&H, the unlocked 910C model. Works perfectly on ATT

Note 4 910C 5.1.1 | Android Central App

stsullivan

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I hear stories out there about unlocked phones about some of the band's not working do they still get updates or do they have to wait for AT&T approval

thetaylor310

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
i still prefer my Note 4 over 5 for all the reasons above (removable battery, SD card). i also still prefer the 4 over 5 in the aesthetic factor; to me, the 4 looks better than the 5

over 1 year and 2 months since i bought mine, and still chugging along without any major hiccup

thetaylor310

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I hear stories out there about unlocked phones about some of the band's not working do they still get updates or do they have to wait for AT&T approval

i have the 910C (Brasil/Exynos unlocked) variant and when i took it to the US during my vacation, i couldnt access 4G on AT&T

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes. It's the 910C UAE variant. Have you tried plugging in the network settings manually?

Note 4 910C 5.1.1 | Android Central App