How to update Samsung Note 4 to 6.0

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if this one has been asked and I suspect there isn't any hope, but I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in the UK, carrier locked to O2, running 5.1.1. I can't get either Samsung or O2 to confirm if/when they are releasing android 6.0 to this device. Any ideas if you can somehow upgrade it to 6.0 without rooting? I'm not a fan of rooting and worried I'll brick my device, but not adverse to other tinkering to get it done. Thanks AC community

Posted via the Android Central App

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but you need root to flash custom Rom (6.0) or custom recovery. Seeing as you are locked to o2, marshmallow may yet be weeks or even months away. I have an unlocked note 4 using giff gaff and am patiently waiting for ya update. Hopefully this week if the leaked road maps are anything to go by

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that, I thought as much. Shame as I'm getting very impatient with O2, as they won't even confirm it's coming to my device. Do you know if it would help me out by having my device unlocked? As and when you get Marshmallow, can you post on here please? As I'm curious to see the different timescales

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you know if it would help me out by having my device unlocked?

Unfortunately, it won't make any difference. If you're device is a carrier branded one, unlocked or not, it will only get its update when the carrier that branded it, releases the update.

Gerryinbc

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a carrier branded Note 4 in Canada. I bought it through Rogers
and unlocked it shortly thereafter so that I could use it when in Europe. I recently switched the Sim card to a Telus sim to use it as a work phone.
From which of these two providers does my update come? I did recently get a security update so I am getting something, but I don't know whether it's Telus or Rogers that is pushing it. Is the update tied to the sim or the IMEI?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781