outstanding battery life after update

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Wow, only dropping 3% overnight now! Sprint network.

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm experiencing the same here on 6.0.1 also on Sprint. Using just the standard power saver feature.

Now if we could only get rid of the ugly icons I'd be real happy. :)

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow, only dropping 3% overnight now! Sprint network.

LOL! Maybe they finally got something right! My Note 4 on Kitkat always dropped 3% or less overnight! Maybe LP and MM are finally becoming as good as KK!

Sorry, couldn't help myself! I'm a KK fan! :cool:

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
LOL! Maybe they finally got something right! My Note 4 on Kitkat always dropped 3% or less overnight! Maybe LP and MM are finally becoming as good as KK!

Sorry, couldn't help myself! I'm a KK fan! :cool:

Seriously? I couldn't wait to get out of that hole lol

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Ha! We're of the same mindset as I was thinking the exact same thing upon reading this thread. :) Like you I've always seen great standby time already on KitKat as detailed in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...521-note-4-standby-amazing-2.html#post4175238. So I was always perplexed by how Doze in Marshmallow could possibly improve upon it, even had a bit of a debate about it in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...550-has-doze-increased-your-battery-life.html
I honestly don't use my phone that much except for calls, texts, an occasional navigation/traffic checks, and a few games, as I mostly use my tablet for things like vids, games, internet, etc. When I got my latest new Note 4 battery recently, I started getting standby times of over 5 days with 40% still on the battery meter! Astonishing! I actually do talk on my phone and text quite a bit and KK standby is exceptional to keep me going! I'm glad people are beginning to see better times with LP and MM. As for Doze, it might help for heavier users... and that bit of a debate you had didn't surprise me considering the opposing source! LOL! :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol