Rainbow effect? on edges (w/ screen protector)

Baggie_Saiyan

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi there so recently I installed a tempered glass screen protector for my Note 4 and I have noticed that whenever I am on a white background there is a rainbow effect going on on the edges. Did I install it incorrectly, am I harming the phone? Should I remove it and get another one? This one isn't edge to edge but the edge to edge protectors generally received poor reviews saying they're strong enough?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

abek.

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Is it rainbow effect or looks like its lifting because the screen is curved a bit so it will be hard to make it sit flush

Baggie_Saiyan

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Is it rainbow effect or looks like its lifting because the screen is curved a bit so it will be hard to make it sit flush

Hi there. The rainbow effect happens on the side of the screen when I the display is off the screen protector has these noticeable white lines going all the way around.

abek.

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Rainbow effect is the material used to make the screen protector film to stick probably or glass and white is because the screen is curved and doesn't sit flush so it'll lift

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's probably a moiré pattern you're seeing, and it's due to the fact that you have the screen face, a layer of air (even if it's less than a micron thick) and a protector face. If you can adhere the edges tighter to the screen (like sitting an 8 ounce weight [no more or you'll likely break the screen] on a stiff piece of wood cut to the exact size and shape of the screen for at least a few nights running, it may help.)

(Two pieces of the same refractive index glass with rounded edges won't do this if they're in direct contact. If the edges of the protector are square, if its IR is different than the screen's front layer or if they're not in direct contact, you will get that effect around the edges. It's not as simple as "any glass, sort of loosely glued, will work".)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance