After Marshmallow update my screen stays on, WiFi turns off & screen auto dims.

Noddle36

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
After Marshmallow update my screen stays on every so often especially after my alarm, WiFi turns off every few hours & screen auto dims every few hours. I checked the setting in "Display & Wallpaper" and the "Auto Adjust Screen Tone" was ticked. So I unticked the box and the same is still happening. I also had a look at "Developer Options" & "Stay Awake" is not ticked. I have reset my phone and that did not help.

Has anybody else had this after update?

Last edited:

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
My upgrade was perfect since my upgrade i haven't had anymore of those odd restarts which I started to have with Lollipop. I also noticed how much more stable my phone is doesn't lag as much. Have you done a factory restore? It's possible something went wrong with your upgrade. I would also consider looking at apps that you currently have they may be the culprit to your overall problems.

parthtc09

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
After Marshmallow update my screen stays on when my every so often especially after my alarm, WiFi turns off every few hours & screen auto dims every few hours. I checked the setting in "Display & Wallpaper" and the "Auto Adjust Screen Tone" was ticked. So I unticked the box and the same is still happening. I also had a look at "Developer Options" & "Stay Awake" is not ticked. I have reset my phone and that did not help.

Has anybody else had this after update?
Bump. I have had the same issues before the update and looks like they carried over. WiFi randomly drops, and my screen stays on after my alarm. So far what I've done is disabled lock screen notifications that helps with it staying on after I get a missed call or a text. Good luck searching bc that's the only solution i have found so far.

Noddle36

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Thought it was only me who had this problem. Thanks for all your advise I will try the cache partition wipe first then if this does not work then a factory restart. Otherwise will have to disable the lock screen as you said as the screen wastes a lot of battery power.

Will let you know if any works or if anything comes up to fix the problem.

Noddle36

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I have just opened the "Peel Smart Remote" and had the quick remote control on my unlock screen. Since that when I plug my phone to charge the screen stays on but I have now removed and my screen does not stay on anymore.

So might have been the "Peel Smart Remote" lock screen quick remote that was the problem with the screen staying on.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Just recently I've found my screen on after overnight charging...and before I plug the Note 4 in for charging I make sure to turn off the screen.
Once screen indicated that charging was complete and this morning a Wikipedia page was open.
I have made sure that in Developer options the stay awake box wasn't checked and the under Display Daydream was off.
What next?