Kies Via WiFi??

Paul Cunningham1

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi all

My beloved Note 4 has been totalled by a Samsung Adaptive Fast Charger overheating and literally melting the USB port & some of the bottom of the phone. The handset still works but cannot be charged or connected to PC via USB port - fortunately I have spare battery kit so I can still use the phone.

Samsung have agreed to replace everything and have basically assumed responsibility for this, which is great. My problem is I have a sh**load of files, photos and SMS etc all on the handset which I need to get off before it is swapped. Preferably I would like to use Kies as this will allow me to put it all back on my new handset - however I have no USB port on the handset now and Kies3 only seems to connect via USB.

Is there any way I can connect the handset to Kies via wifi (I thought it did this but can't seem to make it happen), or any other program that can backup / restore my phone in this way?

Thanks in advance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
IIRC you need to download Kies Air for that to work... And also, if memory serves right, that wouldn't give you a full back up option, just letting you transfer data between phone and computer. A similar thing to connecting via SideSync, which lets you see the screen and transfer files. On the PC Kies, does the WiFi option show up?

Not sure if SmartSwitch works with the Note 4 or if it works via WiFi and PC as I've only used it to transfer from phone to phone via USB, but that's another option.